Weekly challenge 5/29 - 6/4 Patterns and Repetition

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge post photos that highlight repetition and patterns. Use them as leading lines, as the subject or to highlight your subject. Take a look at some of the tips and “rules” for using and breaking patterns to enhance your photos.

As always, new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

I thought a fitting subject for this challenge could be found in Arlington Cemetery given that here in the U.S. it is Memorial Day.

Volunteers set flags in front of every (yes every) head stone. This has motivated me to figure out how to volunteer next year.

This one is stopped down to provide a little more depth of field.

IMG_0715Stones-RS.jpg

This one is shot at 200mm and f 2.8. I found that one flag leaning out and was drawn to the shot.

IMG_0672Flag1-RS.jpg

I thought a fitting subject for this challenge could be found in Arlington Cemetery given that here in the U.S. it is Memorial Day.

Volunteers set flags in front of every (yes every) head stone. This has motivated me to figure out how to volunteer next year.

This one is stopped down to provide a little more depth of field.

View attachment 244665

This one is shot at 200mm and f 2.8. I found that one flag leaning out and was drawn to the shot.

View attachment 244666
Very nice! Around here it is the local Boy and Girl Scouts troops who plant the flags. Princess and I would do this every year the Saturday before Memorial Day. Old flags are removed and burned in a ceremony at the end of the day.

and a little hummer.. lol
_DSC7881 (3).JPG

Most reactions

Back