Weekly challenge: 5/4 - 5/10 Repeat - Repeat - Repeat

gk fotografie

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Repeat - Repeat - Repeat

For this week's challenge, let's take a look at all the (ordinary) things that repeat themselves. May it be how nature repeats patterns or things made by man himself. Repetition, it's all around you, but you've to learn to see it, because that's what photography is about.

Think of the flowers of a plant that are all uniform, but also, for example, the repeating pattern on colorfull wallpaper or paving stones laid out in a pattern. There are plenty of examples and possibilities, because you can also repeat objects by using mirrors or mirror a (part of) your photo during postprocessing.

Just a hint: look at all the arches of a bridge or neatly arranged lamp posts in an avenue, a shelf with all the same Coke bottles, stacked crates of beer, the colored pencils next to each other in a storage box or all those identical windows in an office building.

For the absolute "go-geters" a very special way of repeating and perhaps the most difficult of them all, the so-called Droste effect. The Droste effect is a visual effect, where an image contains a reduced version of itself. The same applies to the reduced image, and so on. The effect is named after Droste, a Dutch cocoa producer. On the cocoa cans a nurse was depicted carrying a tray with the same can of cocoa on it, on which the same name was displayed, etc.
Dutch artist Escher used this effect many, many times. (Droste effect)

So, let's get creative and make some artsy photos!
As always, only new photos that are taken during this weekly challenge.

I have been working on a project of this very thing for the last month. This is not a new image but just two weeks old. I'll post new images moving forward. Going out today with this in mind.

Sponge Repeat.jpg

First attempt at a local night market - craft beer taps on the side of a van. But I also want to try a Droste image using the Fuji Instax and my long suffering 'Muse'.

2019_0504_21333000_20190505061742221.jpg

Most reactions

Back