Weekly challenge 7/18 - 7/24 frame it up!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, frame your subject. Look around for something that creates a nice window to view your subject through or something that eliminates or covers up nearby distractions. From the classic lake viewed through a frame of branches and leaves or the view through a door or window to the Instagram phase from years ago of the two handed heart frame, the possibilities are endless. You can use a natural frame or create a frame to suit your scene. This is to be done in camera. - no adding frames later in post.

as always new photos only for the weekly challenge please!

Framing Your Shots - Photography Composition Technique

How to Use Framing in Photography to Create Powerful Images

[URL="https://skylum.com/blog/using-framing-in-photography"]Using Framing in Photography via @wearemacphun
[/URL]

_CAT4843-Edit.jpg

Ah, I have something in mind for this. I'm off in the motorhome at present so I'll have to wait till I get home to my PC.

View attachment 194877

Yellowstone in the fall. Nikon Z7.

Jewelry through a mask, Venice, Italy.

View attachment 194878

So, you say Fall is in July in the US, no way...
If you ask me, this is not a new photo taken in the past 4 or 5 days, in addition, I think the photo from Venice was taken around Carnival in Venice, this event takes place in February, but was canceled this year due to Covid-19, so it's not a new photo. The idea of this challenge is not to upload archive photos, but to upload new photos taken during the week of the challenge.

View attachment 194877

Yellowstone in the fall. Nikon Z7.

Jewelry through a mask, Venice, Italy.

View attachment 194878

So, you say Fall is in July in the US, no way...
If you ask me, this is not a new photo taken in the past 4 or 5 days, in addition, I think the photo from Venice was taken around Carnival in Venice, this event takes place in February, but was canceled this year due to Covid-19, so it's not a new photo. The idea of this challenge is not to upload archive photos, but to upload new photos taken during the week of the challenge.

Thanks for the clarification on this. I was not trying to do something wrong, as indicated by the wording in your first line. I did look for information on the timing but did not find it. Now, I'll know.

Thanks for the clarification on this. I was not trying to do something wrong, as indicated by the wording in your first line. I did look for information on the timing but did not find it. Now, I'll know.

Not to worry, it was easy to miss that part at the end. The weekly challenge is to get people to go out and shoot something new but there are many other threads on TPF where you’re more than welcome to post previous work.

Check out the Photo Themes forum for several possible threads that would fit. Or you can start your own thread in the Landscapes or General gallery forums. BTW - That fall in Yellowstone photo is wonderful.

Most reactions

Back