Weekly challenge 8/11 - 8/24 Landscapes!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week's challenge, post landscape photos. No cityscapes please (we'll save that for another time). Get out of the city, or make it look like you did with cloning and compositing! Impressionistic and abstract landscapes are allowed.

As always, new photos only please.

This is a slightly selfish challenge for me as I am heading to the mountains for a few days and am hoping to get some good landscape shots! Fingers crossed for good sunrises.

Three Rivers, Oregon

Canon EOS 6D with EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
f/5.6, 1/1000”, ISO 100

3CF49ECC-FC8D-444D-9250-01785A9DB22D.jpeg

(Note: exif data shows wrong copyright data... I forgot to change it on my new used camera. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's actually "Three Sisters"...Three Rivers is an Oregon coastal stream. The peak
On the right-hand side is,I think, called Three-Fingered Jack (though I have also heard it calledcalled Broken Back) I think the left is South Sister; the central peak might be Middle Sister.

That's actually "Three Sisters"...Three Rivers is an Oregon coastal stream. The peak
On the right-hand side is,I think, called Three-Fingered Jack (though I have also heard it calledcalled Broken Back) I think the left is South Sister; the central peak might be Middle Sister.

Three Rivers is the specific area the picture was taken, it's just a few miles south of Sun River next to the fire station, and north of La Pine. You're right on with the Three-Fingered Jack name, but all three sisters aren't visable from this location, at least according to my Father :1398: . Regardless, this is where my parents retired to. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

The air there is (usually) so clean and pure. The last time I was there, we stayed in a beautiful log house, pretty close to where you were when you shot that photo! Fire season is upon us now...some days the sunrises are a brilliant red ball of fire!

This is a slightly selfish challenge for me as I am heading to the mountains for a few days

Hey, you're the boss.

These are the same scene , simply composed a little differently. I am curious if anyone has any thoughts. Road. No road. Road to the right. Road to the left.

Also, they were taken using in camera HDR, 3 EV and no tripod. You do not have to look hard to find obvious flaws.

Near Lake Anna VA.

20180811175918_IMG_7691-01-01-2449x1633.jpeg

20180811175918_IMG_7691-01-2449x1633.jpeg

20180811180011_IMG_7693-01-2449x1633.jpeg

This is a slightly selfish challenge for me as I am heading to the mountains for a few days

Hey, you're the boss. I knew I liked you!

These are the same scene , simply composed a little differently. I am curious if anyone has any thoughts. Road. No road. Road to the right. Road to the left.

Also, they were taken using in camera HDR, 3 EV and no tripod. You do not have to look hard to find obvious flaws.

Near Lake Anna VA.

View attachment 161734

View attachment 161735

View attachment 161736

No road.

I vote road, left to right.

Most reactions

Back