Weekly challenge 8/15 - 8/21 Triangles

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, let’s use triangles as our subject and/or as our compositional rule. Look for triangle shaped objects such as signs, architectural features, household objects etc. and photograph them in a way that enhances the shape.

Alternatively, look for triangles within your scene and use them compositionally

As always, new photos only for the weekly challenge please.

How to use Triangles to Improve Your Photography Composition

Using Triangles to Create More Dramatic Compositions | Photography Unfolded

Here is one of my friend Robert. Shot Tri-X at 1600 ISO and developed in Acufine developer. Shot with a Tamron 180mm F2.5 SP lens on a Pentax LX body 1/250th F8 in natural light. If you look closely, you'll see several triangles.

look
193635_119861918091683_23129_o.jpg

Wow... my apologies. In my exuberance and nooby-ness, I did not see the rules. My bad. But, for the record, I still shoot with the LX, and processing 400ISO at 1600 in Acufine is done very quickly- Used for a lot of high school football. Acufine 1:7 at 85 degrees for 45 seconds, then water stop bath at 85 degrees and rapid fix for 1 minute at 85 degrees, then wash and photo flo at 85 degrees. total processing time under 6 minutes. :)

Here is one of my friend Robert. Shot Tri-X at 1600 ISO and developed in Acufine developer. Shot with a Tamron 180mm F2.5 SP lens on a Pentax LX body 1/250th F8 in natural light. If you look closely, you'll see several triangles.

look View attachment 195950

Well, you got that done very quickly, compliments, shot on film, developing, scanning and editing in just a few hours after the start of this challenge. Hopefully you've read the clue "new photos only" or in other words only photos taken during the week of this challenge.

I shot a roll for the challenges yesterday, developed yesterday. Gonna scan them this morning.

Wow... my apologies. In my exuberance and nooby-ness, I did not see the rules. My bad. But, for the record, I still shoot with the LX, and processing 400ISO at 1600 in Acufine is done very quickly- Used for a lot of high school football. Acufine 1:7 at 85 degrees for 45 seconds, then water stop bath at 85 degrees and rapid fix for 1 minute at 85 degrees, then wash and photo flo at 85 degrees. total processing time under 6 minutes. :)

No worries, happens all the time. During the challenge week we are hoping to motivate people to get out and shoot by providing a theme or technical challenge. After the challenge week ends, the thread remains open for any photos that fit the theme no matter when they were taken.

I hope you’ll continue to participate, I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome to the forum!

No worries, happens all the time. During the challenge week we are hoping to motivate people to get out and shoot by providing a theme or technical challenge. After the challenge week ends, the thread remains open for any photos that fit the theme no matter when they were taken.

I hope you’ll continue to participate, I’m looking forward to seeing more of your work. Welcome to the forum!

Me too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back