Weekly challenge 8/7 - 8/20 EXTENDED! Monochromatic

Yes, the apples are in, I think I would add a bit more yellow and red to get a little more 'connection' in terms of hue, it's absolutely my personal opinion and I did certainly a bit too much when I look at it now, well, you get the idea.
Cheers!

View attachment 259185
Thanks, gk. I’ll have another go at it. I may have reduced green and yellow a bit to make the red stand out, but I prefer your fix.

DSC_8471 (4).JPG

Breathtaking. Channels Zen-inspired painting from medieval Japan. Looks like something from the recent Freer Japanese exhibition. Print it--now. Seriously.
Glad you like it and yes, it will make it onto paper. Every six months I print the best of the last half year. You've guaranteed this one makes the cut.

I was out on the Potomac River, kayaking and looking for birds. I didn't expect to find anything for this challenge and then I saw this. Definitely better in mono.

I'll need to make it to the Freer to see the exhibit you referenced.

Glad you like it and yes, it will make it onto paper. Every six months I print the best of the last half year. You've guaranteed this one makes the cut.

I was out on the Potomac River, kayaking and looking for birds. I didn't expect to find anything for this challenge and then I saw this. Definitely better in mono.

I'll need to make it to the Freer to see the exhibit you referenced.
This one really talked to me. Thanks for being generous and posting it. Reminded me of Chinese and Japanese hand scrolls that were never hung and only displayed to appreciative friends.

Extended for another week.

Most reactions

Back