Weekly challenge 8/7 - 8/20 EXTENDED! Monochromatic

Robshoots

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes, the apples are in, I think I would add a bit more yellow and red to get a little more 'connection' in terms of hue, it's absolutely my personal opinion and I did certainly a bit too much when I look at it now, well, you get the idea.
Cheers!

View attachment 259185
Thanks, gk. I’ll have another go at it. I may have reduced green and yellow a bit to make the red stand out, but I prefer your fix.

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
DSC_8471 (4).JPG

gk fotografie

hora lapsa non redibit
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like this. What is it?
Thanks, this is a sea anemone (Nemo!), I rotated the image vertically and then mirrored it, shifted the color a bit towards 'yellow' to stay in the monochrome-sphere a bit more.

photoflyer

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
mikeatherton.com
Photos OK to edit
Breathtaking. Channels Zen-inspired painting from medieval Japan. Looks like something from the recent Freer Japanese exhibition. Print it--now. Seriously.
Glad you like it and yes, it will make it onto paper. Every six months I print the best of the last half year. You've guaranteed this one makes the cut.

I was out on the Potomac River, kayaking and looking for birds. I didn't expect to find anything for this challenge and then I saw this. Definitely better in mono.

I'll need to make it to the Freer to see the exhibit you referenced.

cgw

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it and yes, it will make it onto paper. Every six months I print the best of the last half year. You've guaranteed this one makes the cut.

I was out on the Potomac River, kayaking and looking for birds. I didn't expect to find anything for this challenge and then I saw this. Definitely better in mono.

I'll need to make it to the Freer to see the exhibit you referenced.
This one really talked to me. Thanks for being generous and posting it. Reminded me of Chinese and Japanese hand scrolls that were never hung and only displayed to appreciative friends.

OP
SquarePeg

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Extended for another week.

Most reactions

ClickASnap