Weekly challenge 9/18 - 9/24 Second verse, same as the first…

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, photograph the same subject from multiple angles or perspectives. You can interpret this in a few different ways. All are correct! Try to post 2-3 well thought out, interesting photos of your subject. Post as many different subjects as you want but create a new post for each new subject please.

As always, new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

I have done the challenge but trying to find the time to scan the images. Color is more complex to scan than black & white. Hopefully I can find the time this weekend but not looking good.

Remnant from the days when our development was all ranch and farm land. This is next to the steak house that is still serving today.

Abner's 1 s 5118.JPG

Abner's 2 s 5119.JPG

Abner's 3 s 5126.JPG

@photoflyer great post! One of my favorite photos from my first trip to DC was of the Iwo Jima memorial at night. How did the moonrise work out? I got clouded out on Monday and looks like maybe you did too.

@photoflyer great post! One of my favorite photos from my first trip to DC was of the Iwo Jima memorial at night. How did the moonrise work out? I got clouded out on Monday and looks like maybe you did too.

@SquarePeg I had about 15 minutes of the moon as it rose above one set of clouds and was obscured by a second set. This is taken from in front of the carillon 100 yards South of Iwo Jima.

vlqbJ-adky3edlxa3ghfv42xlnfh5k_copy_1280x853.jpg

As you can see it’s a very small lighthouse.
Shots of the moon with detail like that in the moon and the landscape are very difficult to pull off. I'm not sure how you do it but I underexpose and then bring the foreground out in post.

Shots of the moon with detail like that in the moon and the landscape are very difficult to pull off. I'm not sure how you do it but I underexpose and then bring the foreground out in post.
Pretty much just like that. The early moonrise was easy. I exposed for the moon then +1 exposure in post. After that I just brought up shadows and brought down highlights. Nighttime moon photos are really better done as a composite IMO with a blue hour photo of the foreground and then a sky photo exposed to show off the moon. I’m usually too lazy to do a composite so end up with a photo I don’t think is very good, like this one. ..

Harvest Moon over Boston Harbor by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back