Weekly challenge 9/21 - 9/27: Musically Challenged - the remix

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of you may remember that one of our first challenges was Musically Challenged: Musically Challenged! Post photos here

That was one of our most popular challenge threads and it still gets new posts once in a while. We're going to mix it up just a bit this time but keep the basics the same.

Basics challenge - post a photo that was inspired by or brought to mind a song title or lyric.

Alternate challenges
1 - the remix - base your photo on an album cover and recreate it on your own.
2 - the acoustic version - post a jpeg that has not been edited in any way including cropping

As always, new photos only for the challenge. Get out there and shoot!

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot", Pat Benatar, 1980.

During pregame, as I was getting ready to play in 1980 on the field in this photo (shot last night), they played Pat's classic song. I can't play football anymore but I can play this on the guitar and it always reminds me of Friday Night Lights pregame and vice versa.

20190920194344_IMG_6445-01-1447x1155.jpeg

When I was very young, I absolutely hated bluegrass and country/western music because that is all my father ever played on our record player. As I've gotten older, I have come to appreciate all types of music and musicians. In my lowly opinion, there is not a " tighter " band in any genre than Alison Krauss and Union Station. I love this song. Each member is wonderfully talented with their instrument. I hope my image conveys meaning for this song ~~ The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn.

Wouldn't Hoe Corn.jpg

I had an idea for Def Leppard's Photograph and needed a bunch of old black and white photos, the only one I quickly found was of myself. The song deserves better, but "Photograph" for a photography challenge - it has to be on here. One last concern, did I just break my vow to never take a 'selfie?'
DSC_3717.jpg

Most reactions

Back