Weeping Heart

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I used some siran wrap over my 80mm macro with the 1.4 tc attached. I pulled it taught and cut a hole in my focus point area. I held it in place with some gaffers tape. @Derrel gave me the idea a few weeks ago on shooting through a ziplock baggie. The hardest part was cutting the whole to match what I wanted in focus. I did this hand held but set it up on a ledge where I could calculate the cut out. XT2, 80mm with 1.4 TC. Custom Acros Y simulation. This reminds me of how I felt when I lost my sister in law. She was my bud and dear sister to my wife. We used to gang up on my wife and have a blast. God rest her soul. She died some time ago on a thanksgiving day from a battle with breast cancer.

Weeping Heart.jpg

Sorry for your loss jc. I like your results here but I'm curious why this is something that you couldn't get with shallow dof from the 80?

Sorry for your loss jc. I like your results here but I'm curious why this is something that you couldn't get with shallow dof from the 80?

I had the 1.4 tc attached. So it was f/4 even though it was further away. I am exploring the limits of depth of field on this lens. It was purely getting to know the lens. The plastic kept the contrast more clear (black) if that makes sense. Just experimenting.

Last edited:
Interesting. I used to do something similar many years ago. I'd take a cheap UV filter, and apply a thin layer of Vaseline where I wanted the image soft.

Keep experimenting.

Sorry for your loss... lovely image... I applaud your interest in experimenting and stretching conventional use of a camera. Well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back