Weird hallway

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
I was messing around with photoshop and some old photos that I thought have some promise with a bit of editing, and came up with this. I can't decide if I like it or not, so let's hear what you all think...

Cancun00-166_edited_RS.jpg

Looks like a grainy, groovy old B&W shot with 3,200 film. :cheer: I love the geometric lines of this image.

Bump up the contrast and try to sharpen it a bit. You'll have a winner!

I like this shot, composition, geometric shapes, everything works out. I even like the contrast and sharpness of it. Only problem I see is i'm not a big fan of grain, and I'd like to see this shot without it.

I wouldn't do a thing to lose the grain here, Shark. That's what is giving this image the quality you're calling "weird". Grain doesn't always enhance, but it's fabulous in this image.

Shark said:
Funny thing is, the grain came from adjusting the RGB levels, not purposefully adding it in. Odd.
That's actually normal and is why I tell people they shouldn't completely rely on Photoshop. I love Photoshop myself but when you edit your pictures too much they start to degrade as you can see. It also depends on what features you are using too because some functions in Photoshop don't degrade the pictures as much.

Most of my pictures only have minor tweaks and corrections in Photoshop, but if it needs more I usually prefer to retake the shot. I know I'm probably saying stuff you already know, but I'll say if for people who think Photoshop is the magic bullet for perfect pictures....Bracketing your shots and getting the best results while taking the picture is still important even in the digital age. Photoshop has its limitations.

Anyway, I like the picture as is. The funky design of the hallway and noise gives it a nice sci-fi look. This picture would actually look rather plain to me if there wasn't any noise. For some reason it reminds me of a hospital in futuristic movies.

Intriguing to say the least!!! I love the lines and depth of the hallway. The grain is not much of a problem for me. If you have the chance go back to this location, the possibilities are endless.

Most reactions

Back