Weird Question

VaE39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to make a life sized cardboard cut out of myself and I'm sorta stuck on where to start. Right now,the only camera I can get acess to is a Nikon D40. Is that enough mega pixels for a picture that size? I figure I'll print it out at Kinkos unless theres a place that charges cheaper. Also, I'm trying to make it so I can fold it up. What should I paste the picture on? Foam or cardboard? Sorry for such a weird question

Well since it's so large it might be a little grainy but due to it's size I doubt anyone will get wise. Fun idea though, I bet it would be funny to mess around with at parties.

Not a weird question at all...

It should be acceptable given that the viewing distance is going to be a good distance away. Viewing that sized print from a few inches away is like me taking magnifying glass to a nice 4x6 print.

Not a weird question at all...

It should be acceptable given that the viewing distance is going to be a good distance away. Viewing that sized print from a few inches away is like me taking magnifying glass to a nice 4x6 print.

What, no rant? :):)

LOLOLOLOLOL

ahahaha. Mike_E...that killed me.

It's ok usayit...we're not pickin on you. Everyone still loves you.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think I'm going to take the picture today and go to kinkos for the print. If I'm trying to get it to fold so i can send it and stand up..should i jus find a big cardboard box or something?

Kinkos can mount that for you. and by the way. I printed a few months ago a 60" x 120" print from my D200. I shot is on max (around 10 megapxl on RAW). It can be done.

if your worried about grain.. well in this case itd be more of pixilation due to the inlargement of a small file.

i would take 2 or 3 pictures of your self and combine them in photoshop. maybe toes to thighs. thighs to mid chest area. mid chest area to top of your head. or with 2 just toes to waist and waist to head.

if your worried about grain.. well in this case itd be more of pixilation due to the inlargement of a small file.

i would take 2 or 3 pictures of your self and combine them in photoshop. maybe toes to thighs. thighs to mid chest area. mid chest area to top of your head. or with 2 just toes to waist and waist to head.

yeah thats what I was thinking so I can get a little closer to each part so it'll be a little clearer.
So where do I find the backing for the picture. Theres foamcore at a arts and crafts store here thats about 7'x4' so its plenty big but I'm thinking I'd want cardboard because its a little cheaper and thinner. But where do I find a piece of cardboard thats big enough. They dont sell pieces like that at homedepot or lowes

open up a box? haha jk.

go to a hobby store. if they dont have sheets of cardboard for crafts, and only the presentation boards. ask them they usually have the source to order it.

Ok so I went to kinkos today after I took the picture. I took 2 different kinds. A full body and then a 2 picture split where one is the upper body and one is the lower body. The guy at the kinkos says to me, 6.1 mp will not be nearly enough mp he said at least 20! And I was sitting there confused. Also he said they charge $10 a square foot! So for a life size picture we're talkin at least $100-150 bucks. Is there anywhere cheaper?

Do it yourself with your own printer and stitch the papers together the best you can on foamboard or something.

Most reactions

Back