Weird request, maybe doesn't belong in here, not sure!

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, so if this doesn't belong here, can you move it to wherever it should go?

I'm working on a dark triptych, and as such I need something I can't seem to find: expended handgun shells - just the part without the bullet, powder, etc with the primer cap fired. I don't have any friends that are shooters, my attempts at finding it on Craigslist didn't work, and calling shooting ranges wasn't very helpful - I'd basically have to hang out and ask people for them. Not to mention the nearest one is quite a drive from me too.

So does anyone know where I can get some, or can someone here sell some to me? I'm looking for 9mm, .38, .45, .50, etc etc - larger rounds. Thanks!

There called shell cases. You should be able to find a sporting good store that caters to reloaders. They should carry empty cases.

You may run into some problems going larger than 45 because the cases do get costly as the size goes up. I'm not aware of pistol calibers larger than .500 S&W unless you go to a T/C style and they shoot darn near anything including rifle cartridges.

How many of each are you talking about?

Ah, ok, thanks. I thought about getting the reloader type, but I wanted to primer cap actually fired - still though, I could always do it manually hehe.

Ideally I only need 1, but I was going to try to get a handfull or so - something like 7-8. That way I can try several variations on the photos :)

Thanks for the info though. Hard to believe I grew up in northern minnesota, where the school closed for the deer season opener, and was firing a gun daily between the ages of 8 and 16, and yet - I've forgotten everything!

Yeah, just go to the local hardware store and get a small hole punch. They are for getting drill bits started. Should replicate what your looking for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back