Weird streak

That happened to me once. I bought an old russian camera off a friends dad and went out taking photos. When I got the first film back there was this weird white streak down the middle of each photo. I took the camera to a store and the guy who looked at it said the shutter was sticking and it would cost more than the camera was worth to repair it. Luckily it only cost me 10 pounds! That's why I asked cornfield girl if this was the only pic that had that streak.

Fair Comment, but the strip is over exposed to the rest of the shot, which means at the time the shutter operated there was MORE light hitting this part of the film,

Imagine when you stand by the sea or river and the sun is in front of you there appears a bright line in the water, when a camera tries to take the information ( film or Digi ) this line will be overexposed to the shot

The camera was on auto and the rest of the film was fine. I even took several other pics from the same angle and they didn't have the streak.

That's good then it probably was lens flare.

Hey Stevedevil you do not have to do a seperate post for every sentence. Personally this looks like a light leak of some kind is this on any of your other pictures if not you may have exposed your film in this area somehow.

not you may have exposed your film in this area somehow.

This may be true.....I put in new film right before this pic. This could've been the first one i took with this film.

This could also be a defect in the developing/printing process. I used to get similar things in B&W when the film was inadvertently up tight against a strut on the wheel and didn't get much developer circulation.

I guess there are a lot of things it could be.

haha, steve you have been a great help in the little time you have been here so now it is time to give back. See that button at the bottom of your posts that says "Edit"? press that to edit your post instead of making a new one every time you have a thought. There is no prize for highest post count:lmao:

Most reactions

Back