Weird weather??

Yup...a beauty here today in Tri-State! 66 degrees when I left work. I love it!!!

East TN, where it's normally mild in the winter, at least compared to our northern neighbors. I live very close to the Smoky Mountains, and we're used to seeing several dustings of snow, at least a couple of 1-3" inch snows, and while the AVERAGE temperature is usually mid 40s (F) for a high, we normally get quite a few cold snaps of teens or single digit nights and barely over freezing highs in the daytime.

This year...it's like a really early spring, all winter long. I think we've had about TWO nights with temps below about 25 F, and within two days it'll be back up to 60s for the high. I've only had half a dozen fires in my fireplace; and only two of those were because I was actually COLD.

I am LOVING it, as I detest the cold and snow. But, I am afraid that we are going to really pay for it at some point!!
For one thing, this summer is probably going to be a KILLER season for bugs in these parts...

Yep, it's been very warm here in East TN.

Ok... last night we got dumped on. About 10" of really wet snow... with 14" drifts in some places. Naturally the hired snow plow didn't show up... so I couldn't get out. Make me miss my 4runner sometimes! :)

Normal weather is the new weird weather.

Want snow? Go to Japan now.

No thanks! :) We have a forecast for another 6" to 10" in the next day or so....

What is crazy.. is yesterday, a lot of people downtown weren't even wearing coats.. it was a warm day. Our weather is plenty schizoid!

This is killing my 14yo son's shoveling business! We've had the same weather as Vermont. I was outside in a T-shirt on February 1st...its just wierd!

La Nina has produced a very dry winter over most of the United States.

I live in the pacific Nw and we typically get rain 8 months of the year and it hasnt rained for like over a week which is odd. And it's like 50's where normally its in the high 30's.

In San Jose now but I spent the first 26 years of my life in Massachusetts. Really miss the snow sometimes, how pretty it is and coats everything. Just dont miss shoveling it.

Demers18 said:
Isn't it El Nino?

Just sayin ;)

Why el niño??

Do you know the difference between la nina and el niño??

MTVision said:
Why el niño??

Do you know the difference between la nina and el niño??

Nope, I have no idea. I'll have to google it now though lol

Most reactions

Back