Welcome Back Baseball!! Atlanta Braves vs. Future Stars Game

kylehess10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kylehessphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been working hard to build a career in MLB photography and my dream finally came true this season as I've been hired to be an intern for the Gwinnett Braves, the Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves. The biggest game I'd be shooting ended up being my first day on the job! The Atlanta Braves were hosting a "All Stars vs Future Stars" game at the Triple-A stadium where they put all their top prospects on one team, managed by legendary manager Bobby Cox, and have them play against the big league Atlanta Braves. I was a little nervous but had a blast being so close to the game and shooting wherever I wanted for once.

All photos were shot with a Nikon D3 & a 300mm f/2.8 Nikkor lens. A couple photos have my TC17eII attached (you can click the photos to go to Flickr & see the EXIF data for the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc)

Great action shots, right at the peak.

I do find something odd about the PP, however. Some of them seem a little overly saturated/sharpened.

I agree that the processing seems a little over-done, but the captures themselves? Perfect - you have a future in this. Good luck!

Thanks guys....I will admit I know I do over-sharpen them a little. I sharpen them as I'm first editing them and I sharpen them again after I resize them. I have an addiction to sharpness...and a little addiction to adding a lot of contrast so that's probably where the over-saturated look is coming from. Thanks for letting me know...I love getting feedback on my editing so I know where I'm doing things right and where I'm over-doing other things.

They are all awesome but #4 just looks the best to me. That is a great shot

Most reactions

Back