Well, how about that?

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
Recently, I was helping a student wanting a source for portrait printing. I logged onto the site of the lab I use (I'd never done so before) and there, on their homepage, was one of my images. Fun!

I'd post the link, but I'm not sure that's proper to do.

Pete

if they did not ask for permission and did not inform you, that is outrageous and certainly a copyright infringement.

Christie Photo said:
Recently, I was helping a student wanting a source for portrait printing. I logged onto the site of the lab I use (I'd never done so before) and there, on their homepage, was one of my images. Fun!

Pete

Erm, congrats?

Post a link!

sorry if I reacted that way and you actually told us since you are proud (which I can understand on the other hand, as one always likes appreciation of ones work) :)

Christie Photo said:

Pete

bahhh you should post the link. if anything it will BRING them business :)

congrats btw, that's really cool!

It's a small lab... a dad, daughter and son with one additional employee that does finishing. I've used them for years and REALLY like the personal service. They've helped me out of some binds on many occasions... helping through the film to digital days. Great product too! I think of them as friends, so no worries about using my image. Honestly, I can't remember if they asked or not.

Their site is www.rnrcolour.net

The bride in profile on the home page is mine... available light.

Pete

Christie Photo said:
It's a small lab... a dad, daughter and son with one additional employee that does finishing. I've used them for years and REALLY like the personal service. They've helped me out of some binds on many occasions... helping through the film to digital days. Great product too! I think of them as friends, so no worries about using my image.

OK, that is a totally different story then! :) I'm just a bit careful because one sees bad things happen where images ar stolen and used for commercial purposes.

Anyway, congrats, and the shot is nice :)

Christie Photo said:
It's a small lab... a dad, daughter and son with one additional employee that does finishing. I've used them for years and REALLY like the personal service. They've helped me out of some binds on many occasions... helping through the film to digital days. Great product too! I think of them as friends, so no worries about using my image. Honestly, I can't remember if they asked or not.

Their site is www.rnrcolour.net

The bride in profile on the home page is mine... available light.

Pete

that sounds like an awesome company, i love small/family owned businesses. great shot btw!

Pete, that's a beautiful image! I can see why selected it for their front page. They seem like a high quality company!

Great shot and congrats. I would ask them to give you photo credit, though. Right now their site implies that they have copyright of the image. I doubt that it would cause problems down the line, but I think it's good to at least protect your copyright, just in case.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back