Well I finally got glasses: How will it affect?...

ElectricHarmony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope I'm putting this in the right place! I finally got my first eye exam after going 11 years without one, and it looks like it's about that time , in fact my optometrist said my eyes were ready for glasses years ago So now that I have glasses coming in a week, my big questions is... how will this affect my job as a studio photographer and my hobby as well??

Thank you:)

oh and here are the frames I chose:greenpbl: :nerd:

myglasses4fw.jpg

Shouldn't affect it at all.
Best thing to do, though, is to get the prescription for the eye you use on the viewfinder and adjust the dioptre setting on your viewfinder eyepiece to this value.
If you don't have that adjustment available then you can purchase a supplementary lens that clips on.
Then you don't need to wear your glasses when you use the camera which makes life easier.
You could always consider using contact lenses.

Hertz van Rental said:
Shouldn't affect it at all.
Best thing to do, though, is to get the prescription for the eye you use on the viewfinder and adjust the dioptre setting on your viewfinder eyepiece to this value.
If you don't have that adjustment available then you can purchase a supplementary lens that clips on.
Then you don't need to wear your glasses when you use the camera which makes life easier.
You could always consider using contact lenses.

Wow I had no idea how many options there were, thanks for the response! I'd like to look more into the supplementary lens that clip on:D

On such a nice camera you would NOT want to do this,,

but I once got so agrivated trying to shoot with a closeup lens and not being able to get a focus that I epoxied the lens from a dollar pair of reading glass to my eye piece but only after I had cut and shaped it with a dremel tool. It worked fine but looked like crap.

Oh Philip ... now I am concerned with what you see! :lol:

I always photograph THROUGH my glasses.
But I know I CAN adjust the dioptre setting on the viewfinder (the 350D allows for that!) ... sometimes I do, then I forget to take off my glasses and find everything is way too sharp and small (after TWO dioptre adjustments, one through my glasses, one through the viewfinder), I put it back ... it is now mostly on "normal" and I look through my glasses and the viewfinder.
Means the glasses need a good clean so-and-so many times during the day ... :roll:
But - with my eyes getting really old these days, which means: bifocals are actually in order by now - I begin to feel that extensive photography puts an enormous strain on especially my right eye (which is "the worse" eye of the two what the myopia is concerned, and which is my "photo eye") ... I sometimes end with a terrible eye ache (true!) and headache after long sessions of careful manual focussing!

Most reactions

Back