Well, it's here.

JamesD

Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today is the show... been printing all night, finally got them mounted. I figured I needed at least five shots, so I dug up five. It's the Fort Rucker, Home of Army Aviation, arts & crafts show, so I figured an aviation theme would be appropriate. I could only find four, though, so there's an extra... not very good, but I found it amusing.

So, good or bad, here they are....

[edit]
In my haste, I didn't edit these scans to look like the prints. Today, I've fixed them so they're more accurate.

load-up.jpg

kiowa.jpg

Over-Shoulder.jpg

800-ft.jpg

shroom.jpg

Comments?

Thanks, Matt. Number three is my personal favorite, although I didn't realize it 'til I printed it full size. Number 5 was a big hit at the show, but nobody wanted to buy it. I thought that was amusing, because it's an illustration of what not to do with a photograph LOL.

JamesD said:
Thanks, Matt. Number three is my personal favorite, although I didn't realize it 'til I printed it full size.

Somtimes you just cant tell the full impact until you see the enlarged print. :)

i guess those a ok. heehee, only joking. i like number 2 the best. i hate pictures which are simply of a helicopter/plane/bridge because people know what one looks like. but you incorporated just the right amount of the helicopter.

Thanks for the comments. A couple of these, I really liked. I'd consider them my best work so far. Others, I'm a little "eh" on. The landscape, in particular, is pretty boring to me. Seems like all it has going for it are some lines... although, in the print, you can make out lots of detail on the ground, since we were only 600-800 feet up... and I thought that was kinda cool.

Jophassa... I liked #2, too. It was the first one I selected for printing. I'll have to scan a full-frame print; the 8X10 crop doesn't do it justice. My personal favorite, though, is #3.. partly because of the aesthetics, and partly because that particular situation was a bit tense. And partly because I actually managed to think out in advance that it'd make for a cool shot. :mrgreen:

Hopefully, I'll be able to continue improving on this stuff. I've been on that plateau of "eh" for almost a year now. We shall see!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back