nossie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.quitealright.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
next_year.jpg

Thanks guys. Again it's part of a series that I should group together. I think they'd all support each other then.

It's 99% straight from the camera.

I like the simple, humble feel from it.

The title idea came from my imagination of the people that lived there but must have had so little

It does seem to say a lot. I love the image. I feel cold and a bit claustrophobic looking at it, but I think that is what I really like about it. A friend of mine once told me that she felt music was the only art form that could ever drastically alter her emotions. For me, good photography does that too. (Actually, most art done very well!)

A friend of mine once told me that she felt music was the only art form that could ever drastically alter her emotions. For me, good photography does that too. (Actually, most art done very well!)

However indirect and non explicit. Even if it was only a reminder to you about your friend, that is one of the nicest sentiments ever stated in connection with one of my photographs.

Thank you very much! :blushing:

I suppose I feel the same way as you do about peoples creative efforts. It might also partly explain my personal frustration and severe criticism with my own work lately. It seems so puney and insignificant against... let's say the Eiffel tower for example but isn't that just a bunch of stupid bolts and metal? If the Eiffel tower was my creation that's probably how I'd see it.

However indirect and non explicit. Even if it was only a reminder to you about your friend, that is one of the nicest sentiments ever stated in connection with one of my photographs.

Thank you very much! :blushing:

I suppose I feel the same way as you do about peoples creative efforts. It might also partly explain my personal frustration and severe criticism with my own work lately. It seems so puney and insignificant against... let's say the Eiffel tower for example but isn't that just a bunch of stupid bolts and metal? If the Eiffel tower was my creation that's probably how I'd see it.

Personally I think that, even though art does have the ability to strike deep emotions in us, it is not ever possible to fully relay what it is we would like to share about ourselves. The depths of our subconscious are much to large to ever portray them with a single sense.

There have been many times when I wake up from a dream and I can't stop thinking about it through the rest of the morning. But, whenever I try to tell someone about it, the whole thing sounds cheap, like a hollywood movie script.

There is always some lose in the translation from idea and thought to image.

I just don't think that means the image is any less valuable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back