Well my first art show starts in three days...

Jeepnut28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this one here: http://www.downtownabq.com/go/

I've never done anything like this, and I have been working non-stop between my real job, my photo gigs, and getting this thing put together. I am really nervous but not showing it..........I think I have everything put together....what do you think?

all my prints are mounted and framed, my prices are between $150 for framed and signed to $30 for mounted, unmatted, unsigned prints. I have a photo album that features my wedding and engagement work, I bought all the materials for my hanging display, I have a cash box, a reciept book, a 2' x 7' banner with my web address and my name, pens, tools, pencils, wrapping and bags......lighting is worked out via x-mas lights and some lamps, a black velvety cloth for table coverings, my business license is in order.....I also have a cooler ready with soft drinks and water and all of my volunteers have checked in and are ready.......what am I missing?

Weights/stakes (if allowed) in case of wind?

I always bring tape and rope and have used it on sooooooo many occasions. Don't forget scissors, too. I'm glad to see you have bags, because for some reason customers always say, "do you have a bag" even though the print is already in a bag!

Marian

It sounds like you've got everything you need. Looks like a great place to have your first show, congrats, good luck and let us know how it goes!

I will! one more day of the real job, then it is art show hell for me!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee......... good luck! I remember how I felt before my first one. The butterflies were having a grand dance in my tummy, that's for sure! I hope you get a good booth location, not near anything smelly or noisy, and right in the middle of good traffic. Make sure you come back and tell us all about it. :)

How'd it go, how'd it go???? Details! :)

sold 9 pieces......very few framed ones, people wanted the smaller priced unframed shots........got tons of compliments, have lots of wedding job prospects.........sales were VERY slow for everyone. I was definately disappointed. I made my booth fee and a little more......really I wanted to at least cover my total costs.

I was recruited to shoot for this project: www.thecradleproject.org , and I have a musician who would like to talk about me shooting some of his CD shots........

Sounds very positive. Do not sweat not breaking even. I am sure the next one will be better. What will you be shooting for the Cradle Project?

Love & Bass

ah the next one........by this afternoon and NO sales for an entire day, I vowed I would never do this again....but my girlfriend LOVED selling my photos and made most of my sales. She loved doing the artshow........she wants to do another show in November that I was approached about.....we think we have the setup and display part figured out. So in short......we are doing one more show in November. This current show was an outdoor show open to the public....the show in November is a entry fee show indoors, she feels like we will get people in specifically there to buy art whereas alot of people were out this weekend to hang out downtown.

We will have three hundred cradles in a warehouse this weds afternoon.......the person in charge of the photography wants the volunteer photogs to shoot their assigned cradles "in their own way/styles"......a book documenting the project is underway, and these photos will be included in the book.

I trust the show in November will have better sales. Personally I give the deal three shots before I decide anything.

The Cradle Project sounds like you will get good exposure and produce fine work. Keep in mind that does not always happen in the commercial/editorial world. Give it all ya got!!!!!!

Love & Bass

I trust the show in November will have better sales. Personally I give the deal three shots before I decide anything.

The Cradle Project sounds like you will get good exposure and produce fine work. Keep in mind that does not always happen in the commercial/editorial world. Give it all ya got!!!!!!

Love & Bass

so I signed up for the November show this morning.

Most reactions

Back