well today just sucked...

ScottS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i finally saved up enough to get the Nikon VR 70-200 f/2.8, and I decided that today what the day that I was going to make the plunge and buy some good glass. ( keep in mind I'm 17 and this was really exciting for me... i guess it would be exciting for just about anyone though..) anyway, I go out to my car and find what??? A giant puddle of power steering fluid. :grumpy:

So instead of getting the lens, I got $700 worth of repairs done to my car... and since winter is coming and I needed new tires, I got those too... needless to say by the time I was done with my car, I only had about 200 bucks left.

So I went to best buy and got a 500GB hard drive...

Still.... I really want that piece of glass...

Well without a working car you wouldn't be going very far with your camera. ;)

And thus the reason I put the money into the car. ;)

Sorry to hear that, brother. Money comes and goes. It happens from time to time.
This sort of thing will happen to you again, you can be sure of it.
Instead of being bummed about not getting the glass you wanted, you can be thankful for the timing. Your car crapped out on you right when you had just enough scratch to fix it rather than a day or two later after you bought the lens and had nothing with which to fix your car.

Yea i never thought of it that way... I feel better now. :) Oh well whats a few more months?
Another plus is that I finally got the backup drive I have been needing to get. With about 150GB of photos, putting them on cd's is a little time consuming.

At least my girlfriend didn't dump me too! And my dog is still alive.:thumbup::lmao:

See there! :D
That's positive thinking! :D

And your story reminds me of my saving up and losing on my car again for the Speedlite I wanted ... and this went on for months, too. But I may now call the Speedlite my own :D.

For a while, it seemed like everytime I had saved $1000, something came up which took it away. A car repair, a new liner for the furnace chimney, etc., so I know the feeling. :) Congrats on the hard drive, though! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back