Went for a walk over lunch around Chicago

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today was the first day in the city with my new camera. I was standing at an intersection watching cars go by a traffic cop and thought, "wouldn't it be cool if I could capture the cop in focus with the cars passing blurred?"

So a couple of quick shots and I got what I was looking for. I just wish I could have gotten a better angle on the cop.

20081216_0435.jpg

In this pic I was playing with shutter speed, ISO and aperture settings to try and capture the color of the brick and glass. It took a couple of shots but I finally got past the washed out colors and got the look I was after.

20081216_0471.jpg

I took a few others, but these were my two favorites.

colours turned out nice.

i like the first one what a hideous jacket yay....the second one i would cut off before the big white strip...other than that love it....says its ok to edit ur photos hope u dont mind
3117523014_762e0d2e2d.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, nice crop and thanks! It's amazing how an edit like that really changes the whole dynamic of the picture. After reading your comment last night I was going to do some cropping today to see what it looked like. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

We're supposed to get a really bad ice storm this afternoon. I hope there's enough daylight left for me to get some pics.

I can tell this new hobby is going to be quite addicting. Last night I was dreaming about taking pictures. LOL

:lol: I didn't appreciate the crop until I read your post. I thought the sky in the original pic was the edge of the picture. I had to scroll to the right to see the other building. (Could this be a result of the new format?) I have a small monitor, though. I, too, agree with the crop. Good luck with the ice storm.
Speaking of dreaming about photography, I recently came back from a 1000 pic trip and did a ton of editing. I was dreaming about cropping, exposure, dodging, burning, etc. Rough.

What shutter speed did you use for the 1st one? I like them both.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back