Went Full Frame Finally!

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well after having days of convo w/ my buddy Schwettylns for days about it and seems like we're both heading toward the same direction (weddings) that a 5D MK II was the way to go. So pulled the trigger today as I have 4 weddings lined up ahead of me in the next 2 months :)

I think it was a good investment to build my wedding portfolio and hope to make that money back next year :D

Also went ahead and purchased the Canon 16-35 2.8L with it. Hope to show you guys some serious landscape photography as well since fall is coming.

Damn... LOL.. I'll be where you are in maybe a year. I am still eating my ramen noodle everyday to save money. Hopefully I am still alive in 1 year from eating too much sodium.

Damn... LOL.. I'll be where you are in maybe a year. I am still eating my ramen noodle everyday to save money. Hopefully I am still alive in 1 year from eating too much sodium.

Little trick I learned in grad school: just use half of the seasoning packet.

They have low sodium ramen now!

haha

So jealous of your upgrade.
I guess I should get a real job so I can spend more money on my hobby job? hehe

Good luck and I know you will do great!
Cant wait to see pictures!

Good choice. I love mine so far. I dont think i could of picked a better camera.

LOL Schwetylens, youll be fine w/ ur floating meditation. Crystal, no hobby, but a new career! :) I hope!

Cletusjermal, yeah they're great from what I've heard/read/seen. I can't wait to take some serious wedding shots w/ it. Hey you and I also have the 24-105 4L IS

I picked up my 5DMii last Saturday. I shot the 24-70 with it on Sunday.
There are some differences from the 7D, but I have time to learn. I am excited to take landscape/cityscape photos this fall.

I also have 2 new lenses coming this weekend. :mrgreen:

I picked up my 5DMii last Saturday. I shot the 24-70 with it on Sunday.
There are some differences from the 7D, but I have time to learn. I am excited to take landscape/cityscape photos this fall.

I also have 2 new lenses coming this weekend. :mrgreen:

Nice :thumbup:
Which lens are you getting?? I got the 16-35 2.8L for that wide angle shots. Comes real handy weddings and landscape.

BTW, man I just realized those damn 16gb CF cards are expensive as hell! :er:

Any suggessions for what you guys are using??

Last edited:
BTW, man I just realized those damn 16gb CF cards are expensive as hell! :er:

Any suggessions for what you guys are using??
I take it you'll be doing weddings. I don't, so I can't anticipate your needs. But I can say that I get 200 RAW shots on a 4GB card. Figuring 4x that for a 16GB card, that ~800 shots. That's a lot of images to lose in one fail swoop. It only takes a minute to swap out cards.

I use SanDisk Extreme IV 4GB cards for my D300 & D700. If you keep your eyes open, they often run rebate offers.

EDIT:
Forgot to say Gratz on the new gear.

Last edited:
Thanks! I've been using this brand and have had good luck w/ it. I was thinking of this one [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Compact-Flash-Card-400X/dp/B002WE4H8I/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1284691979&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Transcend 32 GB Compact Flash Card 400X (Blue): Electronics[/ame]

As per Canon's website UDMA is a suggession they had listed.

I wouldt put 32 gb on one card. I would go with 8gb or 4gb.

I dont' know, w/ my T1i its like a little more than 300 on 8gb, well u know that. and I always shoot RAW, i'm trying to figure out how large the files will be on this new camera. I might go with 2 16gb

Most reactions

New Topics

Back