Went to DC this weekend

Fuganater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm still pretty new so don't crucify me but my knowledge is better than my skills for now. I went to DC this weekend with the family and tried my hand at editing the RAW files in Lightroom. Let me know what you guys think .

$_MG_7045.jpg$_MG_7047.jpg$_MG_7050.jpg$_MG_7052.jpg$_MG_7062.jpg$_MG_7098.jpg$_MG_7104.jpg$_MG_7112.jpg$IMG_7032.jpg

Too much to comment on butI can give you some general thoughts.

1. Wife is pregnant, so she's "big"... getting up close to her, using a wide angle lens and taking in the enormity of the space behind her? BIG BIG BIG. Not necessarily a great plan... unless your wife also has a GREAT sense of humor. :) (assume that's your wife)
2. The picture of the kid with the tall pole... neat idea, but doesn't compliment her rear there... maybe crop in a bit?
3. Lots of these are just snapshots ... "Look! My wife in front of Lincoln!" Nothing wrong with that, great for memories! But not artistically significant.

We're actually heading up there, today!

Not much to add, but watch your horizons. The people in #3 (Pacific Theater & Washington Monument) are walking at a slant!

Last edited:
I agree with most of the comments here, but sometimes the right crop can really help. I had a quick go at two of the photos. For the one with the pillar, I cropped out the child's bum, bumped the contrast, and slightly rotated the frame counterclockwise. On the other, I dropped to black and white due to rather flat colors, did a hack clone-out job on the couple walking in the background, enhanced the contrast, and tightened the crop.

$_MG_7104.jpg$_MG_7062.jpg

^^^ yeah, that. Perfect. Took a sort of mis-fire photo on that first one and made something that is, in my opinion, really great! Not just a great snapshot, but actually a really great photo.

BTW, that shot alone also shows where the OP was thinking creatively and executed on it. That's what it's all about. Very nice.

I really like these shots.

Sometimes the best photos contain the best memories.

Thanks guys. I do really need to work on composition and cropping. Two areas I can clearly see where I am lacking. All I can do is practice and get feedback and that's what I've done.

Thanks guys. I do really need to work on composition and cropping. Two areas I can clearly see where I am lacking. All I can do is practice and get feedback and that's what I've done.

And you're doing fine! Keep at it!

Most reactions

Back