Went to the Docks Today...C&C

It seems like a fisheye because I used a 10mm focal length which is very wide. Similar to fisheye but not exactly the same

IN #3 I was going to not capture th UN building but there was an ugly building there and I wanted the most of the Queenboro Bridge. In #4 I was kind of going for the leading lines.

I've just recently stopped being a Newb but still consider myself one...BUT, correct me if I am wrong or maybe I am not seeing something or missing something, but when you are using leading lines-shouldn't the lines be leading the viewer's eye to something? I think the leading lines are great, but I am not sure what my eyes are supposed to be drawn to? Does this make sense or am I just missing the whole point? I do tend to have some blonde moments!

#1. AMAZING. I absolutely love that shot. Very well done.
#2. The dock on the left MUST go. And I really wish the birds on the wood were in better focus. I love the idea you were going for (or maybe the idea I THINK you were going for hehe:wink:) But I like it otherwise.

The picture of the skyline was really cool. I like the composition of it. I wish the blue building on the left was cropped out along with the dock on the right. With those two sides cropped, it would be a picture I would buy. I love city skyline pics! Great Job!

ps.
I think maybe I sounded too opinionated in my post... You obviously have more experience than me! Just wanted to clear that up!

which do you want to buy? :p
Due to popular demand I cropped #2 and #3. For #2 I couldn't crop it more without it feeling too constricted.
IMG_0497Medium.jpg

IMG_0507Medium.jpg

#1 and #3 are great shots! I really like the bird shot!(#1) It's like it tells a story. The cityscape has an amazing sky! (#3)

Hey! Great looking pictures, as for the one you cropped with the seagulls, I edited out the little bit of remaining dock for you, since I saw it was ok to edit your pics. Just to give you an idea of what it looks like, I can certainly take the picture down if you would like!
IMG_0497Medium.jpg

no image in your post. I didn't want to crop completley because then the leading line would lead off the frame.

Image is back, yea i left your crop the same, just clone-stamped out the end of the dock.

But I see what your saying.

#1 is my favorite...it just really caught my eye. #2 is my second favorite. The way the birds lined up was just great. How often would something like that happen long enough for you to get a shot. Good job.

haha when i was leaving there were even more of them lined up lol. But by then I put away my gear and it was REALLY windy.

Most reactions

Back