Went to world of wheels

LarryMartin830

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well i went to world of wheels a couple of weeks ago and i wanted to know how this pic came out good/bad?

camaro.jpg

white balance is off, cool car :)
It will look a lot better if u correct the WB

I been having this problem ever since i had this cam i don't understand how to set it..

You can manually set it with a white card, but normally some of the pre-sets are good... Do you not know how to change the WB, or your not sure which oen to use? You can use post-processing and edit the WB with any decent photo program... I do mine in lightroom :)

You can manually set it with a white card, but normally some of the pre-sets are good... Do you not know how to change the WB, or your not sure which oen to use? You can use post-processing and edit the WB with any decent photo program... I do mine in lightroom :)
I did use a preset but i guess i used the wrong one...but really i just don't know which one to use...white cards?

What a sweet freakin' car!!!!! I have been pining after this car since I was 14 years old. I love the plain old 15-inch Cragar SS 5-spoke wheels.

When I was 15 (1983), that car could be had for $2000usd. NOW, you are looking at $7000 for just a rusted out body with no engine, wheels, etc.

Indoors ( or at night ) tungsten white balance is often quite close to the right setting. Not perfect allways but much better than auto or default.

Other options are incandescent etc.

Also according to dpreview the d40 has "Disappointing automatic white balance performance in incandescent light" so it's not going to do it automatically too well.

Personally I'd shoot raw and worry about white balance in your photo manipulation software. Photoshop Elements 'remove colour caste' feature will remove that in about 30s.

It's a really, REALLY nice car, don't get me wrong, although I think the photo would benefit from a wider aperture (and most probably a different lens). Provided you have enough space, a 50mm f/1.8 lens is really good for these kinds of shows. It's not you, I think you did as well as you could have given the circumstances, but just a little pointer for next time :D.

See where the owner of the car is from? That's where I'm from :D

I heard it on the radio and would have liked to come down for it. One of these days I'll make it, though I would much prefer outdoor car shows. It would have been a nice break from the winter blues though.

I don't think my camera would do well indoors like that (horrible ISO obviously given what it is.)

Have you ever managed to go to the Wings over Pittsburgh Airshow with the camera? That's what I really want to come down to see and would love to browse your photos if you've been there.

I agree with the white balance thing.

If you have the option of warming and cooling colors on your photo editing program, try cooling the colors a bit.

A polarizing filter (the one that removes glare, as much or as little as you want) would be a good investment for taking pictures of shiny cars.

You can use either. You can also use any random white object available at the time, like a t-shirt, sock, piece of paper, etc.

It's a really, REALLY nice car, don't get me wrong, although I think the photo would benefit from a wider aperture (and most probably a different lens). Provided you have enough space, a 50mm f/1.8 lens is really good for these kinds of shows. It's not you, I think you did as well as you could have given the circumstances, but just a little pointer for next time :D.

The 50mm F1.8 and SB-600 will be my next buy..

See where the owner of the car is from? That's where I'm from :D

I heard it on the radio and would have liked to come down for it. One of these days I'll make it, though I would much prefer outdoor car shows. It would have been a nice break from the winter blues though.

I don't think my camera would do well indoors like that (horrible ISO obviously given what it is.)

Have you ever managed to go to the Wings over Pittsburgh Airshow with the camera? That's what I really want to come down to see and would love to browse your photos if you've been there.
Well i got this cam in dec and this was the first show i been too that i could take my cam too so i did...this show was really great my first car show i have ever been too..

I agree with the white balance thing.

If you have the option of warming and cooling colors on your photo editing program, try cooling the colors a bit.

A polarizing filter (the one that removes glare, as much or as little as you want) would be a good investment for taking pictures of shiny cars.
i have a polarizing filter i just forgot it doh !!

I thought gray card was for exposure, white card for white balance?:???:
is this true?

nevermind just won one on ebay :lmao:

Most reactions

Back