West Bank 2005 captured with NIKON

those are incredible photographs. i only have one question...in your survivla tips section, you mention saying "sura"( i think) and then you say show your thumb. But thena couple rules down, it says thumbs up is interpreted as our middle finger...Care to explain? haha

You have great photographs and your travel tips are great.

One thing I noticed though was this -

" "Sura" (picture or question: " make a picture?", and then show your thumb)"

then

"Raising your thums up. In US, it means "OK", "all right", or "approval". In Arab countries it viewed, as raising your middle-finger."

Could you clear this up. I am going to morroco and it would be useful to know what the correct thing is.

Daniel said:
You have great photographs and your travel tips are great.

One thing I noticed though was this -

" "Sura" (picture or question: " make a picture?", and then show your thumb)"

then

"Raising your thums up. In US, it means "OK", "all right", or "approval". In Arab countries it viewed, as raising your middle-finger."

Could you clear this up. I am going to morroco and it would be useful to know what the correct thing is.
Okay it is little bit different from area to area, people in Jordan or Egypt do understand the thumb by the same way we do, it means okay. In other countries where is less 'western civilisation' could be another meaning of this sign. But no worry, if your opponent checks you are friendly, do not hesitate ask him for picture and show the thumb up : - )

Most reactions

Back