Whale Shark.

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent a little time at the Georgia Aquarium the other day. I generally hate trying to take shots with everyone crowding around but this one added a different dimension to the shot. As always C+C welcomed and appreciated.

As said above, its pretty damn good, I love it. Maybe crop or clone out the tips of the heads at the bottom, and its perfect.

Thanks Trever1t.

As said above, its pretty damn good, I love it. Maybe crop or clone out the tips of the heads at the bottom, and its perfect.

Wow you know I've looked at this shot so long that I didn't even notice them till now. My biggest regret was cutting the tip of the tail off. Thanks for the input.

Wow you know I've looked at this shot so long that I didn't even notice them till now. My biggest regret was cutting the tip of the tail off. Thanks for the input.

No problem, I wouldn't worry about the tail, sure, would have been nice, but the photo, to me at least, isn't about the whale, its about the spectators in awe of the whale, that's what this pic says to me. IF the pic was only the whale, then I would be more concerned about the tail, but its not.

I think you did a fantastic job here.

I love how you used that technique, human perspective, it gives a whole new aspect to the photo since people are engaged

Great shot! Very nicely done!

Great shot! Love it! If this was mine, I'd try to clone-out all the fishes that are cutted in half by the frame... About the tail, I agree it's not that important, but there are a couple of ways to fix that in PP ;)

Agree with the tip of the tail comment, still an excellent shot just the same.

Nice picture, I agree with Trevor, that would be great for a brouchure! Just curious what focal length you're using? Doesn't look too wide/distorted, so maybe slightly wide, around 18-24mm? That's a cool aquarium that you have that much room and glass that big! I just went to the Newport, KY aquarium today, but we don't even have a whale shark...

Nice picture, I agree with Trevor, that would be great for a brouchure! Just curious what focal length you're using? Doesn't look too wide/distorted, so maybe slightly wide, around 18-24mm? That's a cool aquarium that you have that much room and glass that big! I just went to the Newport, KY aquarium today, but we don't even have a whale shark...

It was shot with my 18-135 so I would guess it's around 20-22mm. I have my Lightroom set to auto-correct for lens distortion so it was probably corrected in post. The Georgia aquarium is a spectacular venue. They have their views set up very favorably for photography. They wont even say anything about tripods in the middle of the week when they aren't busy.

Very nice. I was at the Tennessee Aquarium last week and, as you mentioned, did my best to avoid people in the shots. Having seen this I may have to change my strategy next time I'm there since they do add another interesting dimension to the shot. Very well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back