What 2 place/s in the world would you most want to take self portrait photos in ?

GBaxter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

If money wasn't a limitation in terms of getting to the location named, what 2 (or even 3) greatly admired places in the world would you most want to take some self-portrait photos of yourself in (to show others) and please separately say why, for any of the 2 or 3 places named.

Top of Mt Everest, just to say I was there.

No other place really ranks any better or worse. The rest of the world (including Antarctica) is just one big holiday destination, but Mt Everest would take years of dedication.

Tornado Valley
palenque city
At the peak of earths atmosphere.

Would have to say Tibet - just to be on the roof of the world ;)

Second place, Antartica, before it disapears...

In bed smoking a cigarette with Rihanna at my side...for obvious reasons...

And maybe a second one in Scar-Jo's boudoir, drinking a glass of cognag and eating some grapes, and uh, having her dappling the sweat off of my brow...

Machu Picchu & the top of the Matterhorn.

If money wasn't a limitation in terms of getting to the location named, what 2 (or even 3) greatly admired places in the world would you most want to take some self-portrait photos of yourself in (to show others) and please separately say why, for any of the 2 or 3 places named.

In a bed with any FEMALE movie star so I could sell the images:lmao:

In a pinch tv stars might work if I'm hard up for a mid sized boat or twin prop plane.

In bed smoking a cigarette with Rihanna at my side...for obvious reasons...

And maybe a second one in Scar-Jo's boudoir, drinking a glass of cognag and eating some grapes, and uh, having her dappling the sweat off of my brow...

ha ha! this made my day!

I don't believe in a good portrait the background should be nearly as important as the person in it. So just here, at home, with a simple backdrop, and something interesting to wear, and a good idea for a pose, that's it.

I don't believe in a good portrait the background should be nearly as important as the person in it. So just here, at home, with a simple backdrop, and something interesting to wear, and a good idea for a pose, that's it.

OREALLY?

Being a self portrait, different rules apply. ;)

Yeah, OH REALLY.

Why would I go off someplace and put a distracting background behind me when I'm supposed to be taking a great portrait of me? If everyone is looking at the "cool background" or worse yet at another person who's with me than I really feel it's not a true self portrait. Self-portraits are supposed to be about the SELF after all, the person taking the shot. Think about it. In fine art, does the painter usually paint himself with other people and then call it a self portrait? Now and again, but more often than not you look at the great artists painting things entitled "self-portrait" and they're the only one in the frame. I personally feel that if someone else is in a shot with me then it's a GROUP portrait. As to the "where" in a self-portrait I feel that if the background grabs more attention than "I" do than I'm probably doing something wrong.

I'd definitely take it in a studio with a simple backdrop or maybe outside with a non-distracting natural setting, that's it.

You just want a luxury trip on the IRS! ;P

I do my own damn taxes, thanks! But it's not about the $$$ it's about how to take a proper self-portrait. If I am going to travel somewhere to take pics and find really stunning views and people all around me then what pics I take are surely not going to be all about ME. A self-portrait I think should be very minimalist. Locations, and traveling, that's about photographing portraits of other people and scenes of the rest of the world. The last thing I'd be photographing in that instance is me.

MHO

Most reactions

Back