What a day!

Chase

I am now benign!
Reaction score
Website
www.thephotoforum.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I woke up at 5am like usual, but I noticed a strange beeping sound coming from the other end of the house. Keep in mind I'm still half asleep. I wander towards the noise and realize it is the UPS unit I have for my computer...."Hmm, that's strange" I think.

I step down into the room where my computer is, and suddenly find myself standing in a puddle of water. First thought? "What did the dog do?!?". Second thought...."&*@)#&$@)*, I guess not all of the rain decided to stay OUTSIDE!!!"

So, there I am, standing in my family room with a completely soaked carpet at 5:30am. Now to figure out what all has to be done to get things fixed. What a day, what a day!

A friend had his car flooded two days ago. Shorted out his entire electrical system. He found out yesterday it's gonna cost him more to replace the cpu in his car than the car is worth. He is sad and happy right now. Sad he lost his car but happy he's now being forced into getting a new one. Sorry about the carpet ...soggy toes, fungi, mildew. YUCK!

Sorry to hear that chase! I know how ya feel though.. When Tropical Storm Allison came through Houston in 2001 we got 3' of water in our house! :( We ended up ripping out EVERYTHING from 5' and below and replacing it all! But hey, its not everyday that you get to be rescued by a boat coming down your street!

Always look for the positives! :D

ugh, what a mess!!! Poor baby.... :hug:

Now, git to cleaning before it starts smelling funny..... :whip:

well, you can jump in a dinghy and float to nz now ;)

seriously dude, sorry to hear about that, as you know i was flooded recently as well, lets hope yours costs less than my lil' deluge!

It was all due to the storm we had overnight. Got enough rain in such a short period of time that part of the backyard basically flooded and the water got deep enough to cover the bottom of one of our doorways and flow into the house. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back