What a RUDE thing to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was talking to someone today and mentioned that I am doing Child Photography. She said, "I thought you didn't have kids?" Confused, I said that I'm shooting other people's kids. She replied with, "well, since you don't have kids of your own, there's no way you should be shooting other people's kids. You don't know how to relate to them." :( So, just because nature decided my body isn't able to have kids, I shouldn't deal with them?? I replied with, "not having kids has kept me a child at heart, rather than a heartless, jaded ***** like you!" :grumpy:

I think there are many people with children who do not know how to relate to them, not having kids means nothing when photographing them. Im sure many child photographers without kids have learn how to deal with kids extremely well simply through their job.

I hate people like that, who would even say such a thing? sounds like a miserable person. I would let that comment effect me about as much as a mosquito bite, irratating for a second then fogotten.

I'm sorry..Wildmaven. That comment was very uncalled for! Kids are little people,.,, This person sounds ignorant. I would pay it no mind and chock it up to jealousy,. When someone sees that you are doing something that you truly love, they may be jealous. Not everyone can have their dream job.

Sometimes people with kids cant relate to other people kids.

I have a tough time taking pics of other people kids... unless I know them. Just because I am a mom doesnt mean that I can relate to all kids.

shake it off. She doesn't know how ignorant she is. You need to pity her because she is obviously doesn't know how to function out in public.

That was an ignorant thing to say.

It's like saying just cuz a male Dr. has go-nads he should be able to treat female patients ;)

I agree with what other have said... I probably would have said something along the lines of, "so Ansel Adams, because he doesn't have any mountians of his own, shouldn't have shot all those magnificent shots?"

I agree with what other have said... I probably would have said something along the lines of, "so Ansel Adams, because he doesn't have any mountians of his own, shouldn't have shot all those magnificent shots?"

Hahhahahahhahahahahha............oh, I needed that laugh! :hug::

Must be the Day of the Dorks, I just out drove a prick in a Carrera S4 in my under powered 4 cylinder truck, and he pulls over like I'm dumb enough to fight about it.

He looked like a monster, so full of rage and ego, endangering people's lives and flailing his arms around!

It is so sad how completely unconscious and insensitive people can be. Lots of love up here though! :hug::

-Shea

My wife and I have been having difficulty having kids. But at the same time, we love kids, and both of us can actually relate with them quite well. Most of the time, if we're around kids we have never met before they warm up to us quickly and someone who didn't know better would think we were all best friends. This is for kids of all ages...

The only exception to this is if the child is extremely shy, and even then they'll eventually warm up to us. Not having any of your own means you can't relate? I call BS based on experirence. :)

--edit
BTW..Did you really give her that reply? I'd have paid to see the look on her face. :)

Must be the Day of the Dorks, I just out drove a prick in a Carrera S4 in my under powered 4 cylinder truck, and he pulls over like I'm dumb enough to fight about it.

He looked like a monster, so full of rage and ego, endangering people's lives and flailing his arms around!

It is so sad how completely unconscious and insensitive people can be. Lots of love up here though! :hug::

-Shea

tis the season to be crabby?.. What I love to do in that situation... is give him the finger and not look at him. That pisses people off! OR blow him a kiss.. AND mouth.. I LOVE U. Ive pissed people off.. just lauphing and blowing kisses.. OR giving the finger and not looking.

It was a totally thoughtless and insensitive remark she made to you. Not to mention just plain wrong. I hope you don't let it bother you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back