What am I doing wrong??

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having an issue when exporting from Lightroom.. I took some pictures for a friend and when I uploaded them to Flikr the color looks really different.. She does not look this red in LR.

Here's an example.

Here are my export settings:
Jpeg
sRGB
Quality 70
Long edge 10 in
Resolution 300 pixels
Sharpen for screen
Amount standard

7426403420_2fed84cc81_z.jpg

Oh crap.. I posted a picture in the beginners forum. I didn't know where else to post my question. I'm not looking for C&C..Just wanted to show an example.

did you do your editing in sRGB.. or Adobe RGB? There is some difference in color....

did you do your editing in sRGB.. or Adobe RGB? There is some difference in color....

I checked my preferences and it shows ProPhoto RGB. Is that the problem? I'm editing with ProPhoto and exporting with sRGB.

I checked my preferences and it shows ProPhoto RGB. Is that the problem? I'm editing with ProPhoto and exporting with sRGB.

Do you use the ProPhoto color space for printing, and does your lab require that? I usually recommend Adobe.. as that is a standard with all the labs I use. If only editing to post on the web.. edit in the same profile you use for web... sRGB

I wouldn't "think" editing in prophoto then converting to sRGB would cause a huge change. I don't use LR but I have been editing in prophoto RGB because of that Flawless Skin Seminar thingy over at clickin moms recommends it. I haven't noticed any big difference. But....if you have an almost blown red channel in prophoto more than likely it will be blown when you convert to sRGB - or that's what I've noticed.

Did you do anything differently this time versus any other time you edited? Did you change any of your normal settings?

I wouldn't "think" editing in prophoto then converting to sRGB would cause a huge change. I don't use LR but I have been editing in prophoto RGB because of that Flawless Skin Seminar thingy over at clickin moms recommends it. I haven't noticed any big difference. But....if you have an almost blown red channel in prophoto more than likely it will be blown when you convert to sRGB - or that's what I've noticed.

Did you do anything differently this time versus any other time you edited? Did you change any of your normal settings?

I screwed up.. I should be using sRGB and not ProPhoto in LR. So, if I change it back to sRGB do I have to re-edit the pictures or upload them again under sRGB? This is one area that still confuses me. That was the only change I made.

TamiAz said:
I screwed up.. I should be using sRGB and not ProPhoto in LR. So, if I change it back to sRGB do I have to re-edit the pictures or upload them again under sRGB? This is one area that still confuses me. That was the only change I made.

Did you not convert them before upload?? If they were uploaded as sRGB and still look funky you might have to re-edit them. If you accidentally uploaded them in the prophoto color space try converting them and uploading them to see if it made a difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back