TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have
Nikon D700
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 85mm f/1.8
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8

What should I buy next to round off the kit?
I was thinking a Macro lens, but then again the 28-80 is a junky $80 lens and not very wide angle. Or maybe a bigger zoom? I don't know.
HELP! It's not a matter of "what do you feel you're lacking". But more of what new toy can I experiment with to expand my shooting.

Thanks

Are you sure you don't feel any lacking in your setup? Sounds a little more like you do, but don't quite yet know what you feel you lack the most. Seriously I would suggest sitting down and looking at your photography - look at what and how you shoot and then start to think about when you shoot what problems you encounter. Are you finding that you need more zoom or less? Or do you find that for most things you are pretty well covered.

Then you can start to put some thought into what kind of gear you could get that would help you overcome those limitations.
In addition for any discussion like this having an idea in your mind of an ideal budget is a good starting point - there are expensive and cheap options for many things and having an idea of roughly where about you are aiming for is very key

I have
Nikon D700
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6
Nikon 50mm f/1.8
Nikon 85mm f/1.8
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8

What should I buy next to round off the kit?
I was thinking a Macro lens, but then again the 28-80 is a junky $80 lens and not very wide angle. Or maybe a bigger zoom? I don't know.
HELP! It's not a matter of "what do you feel you're lacking". But more of what new toy can I experiment with to expand my shooting.

Thanks
Sell the 28-80 and replace it with an AF Zoom-NIKKOR 24-85mm f/2.8-4D IF, which also has a 1:2 Macro capability from 35 mm to 85 mm.

After that you need:
AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D
AF DC-NIKKOR 105mm f/2D
AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED
AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED

Look into a 24-70/2.8 AF-S. And a 300mm f/4 AF-S prime lens. And a macro lens.

Most reactions

Back