What are the most bloated areas of professional photography?

TonyMontanaSlot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From your observations, where is the highest competition? From the highest to the lowest.
And what do you think pays the most?
I really would like to try myself at landscape photography! So exciting!

Last edited:
I think there are probably more "senior portrait" folks out there than anything else, then would be wedding photographers.

Pay? I'm guessing wedding photographers do best, compensation-wise...

I think there are probably more "senior portrait" folks out there than anything else, then would be wedding photographers.

I suspect it varies across the country, but I don't know that for certain. Around here everybody with a camera is claiming to be a professional wedding photographer. Last time I looked (couple of years ago) there were over 250 wedding photographers in the town I grew up in (population 136,000 in 2011). When I was a kid the population was about half that and there were exactly two wedding photographers.

The belly area.

"From your observations, where is the highest competition? From the highest to the lowest.And what do you think pays the most?
I really would like to try myself at landscape photography! So exciting!"

Landscape photography is exciting?

I'd guess landscape/nature/flowers etc is the worst, since anyone can walk outside to do it.

"From your observations, where is the highest competition? From the highest to the lowest.And what do you think pays the most?

I'd guess landscape/nature/flowers etc is the worst, since anyone can walk outside to do it.

Rotainmod is going to kick your ass.

I disagree. I believe it's far more complicated than just "to walk outside". You have to plan your trip, find the right place and the right time, weather conditions.... And nature is so unpredictable.

Around here everybody with a camera is claiming to be a professional wedding photographer.
So true:lmao:. I wouldn't like to be a wedding photographer, too much pressure.
Shooting people is a joy, but not those with a lot of insecurities:raisedbrow:
What about commercial photographers?

Last edited:
Most people don't take those steps, yet consider themselves 'landscape photographers' because they can point the camera toward a mountain and click. That's why it's bloated.

Most people don't take those steps, yet consider themselves 'landscape photographers' because they can point the camera toward a mountain and click. That's why it's bloated.

You have just described the difference between a "Photographer" and a "Picture Taker".

You have just described the difference between a "Photographer" and a "Picture Taker".

Yar, I could say pictures of babies and food because that is all I see on facebook, but those aren't "photographer" just people with cell phones.

Just get a boat and shadow a cruise ship around until it sinks... snap away and get the news stations in a bidding war. :D

Most reactions

Back