What are these backyard birds?

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, the following birds all look nearly similar, but I'm not sure if they're variations on the same bird or whether they're actually different birds. Unfortunately, these are similar to about 5 billion different birds in the iBirdPro app, so I'm having a hard time knowing for certain what they actually are. Can any of you help?

1. Looks like a finch ... similar to the other 2 ... but what kind?
p1727215879-5.jpg

2. Similar with reddish coloration on its head. House Finch maybe?
p1748714092-5.jpg

3. Similar again, but with some yellow-ish coloration on wings/tail. I'm thinking maybe a Pine Siskin.
p1676750580-5.jpg

Any help identifying these would be *greatly* appreciated!

And by the way, this bird thing is crazy addictive. We are ripping out a small piece of grass in the back yard to add to our "sanctuary" (a landscaped project which was made for us people, but now is being turned half way into something for birds!)

Thanks for ID help above,

Kevin

Attachments

• $p1676750580-5.jpg
    $p1676750580-5.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 116
Different species of Sparrow I think. There are a number of them that are similar yet different.

#1 Female house finch
#2 Male House finch
#3 Looks like a juvenile Pine Warbler. Sense it's a young-in, it's hard to tell for sure .

I agree with hopdaddy, nice captures !

#1 Female house finch
#2 Male House finch
#3 Looks like a juvenile Pine Warbler. Sense it's a young-in, it's hard to tell for sure .

I agree with hopdaddy, nice captures !

Ahh, so both of the first two are house finch, but female and male. Gotcha.

Hmm... I looked at the Pine warbler, but its beak seems different. That's why I thought Pine Siskin ... seems more finch-like in its beak, and iBird Pro seems to have a photo that has the finch look with just that yellow coloration on the wings and tail a bit. Still think warbler over Siskin?

Thanks again,

Kevin

Kevin ,Honestly Not sure ,But that's one more thing that keeps birding interesting .It's a constant learning process .

Most reactions

Back