What are these items worth?

CraniumDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevendavisphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My roommate has some old Canon equipment lying around. Wondering what they're worth.

- Canon AE-1 body w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Canon 90-230mm f/4.5 lens
- Canon 28mm f/2.8 lens
- Canon 135mm f/2.8 lens

They were originally sold at Sears if that means anything. He's looking to sell them, but we have no idea what they're worth. I'm all digital with modern lenses, so I'm not interested.

Thanks!

Why not? Old lenses work just fine on new cameras, as long as they're EF mounts.

Which lenses, *exactly* are they?

Why not? Old lenses work just fine on new cameras, as long as they're EF mounts.

More than l likely they are FD mount lenses.

FD lenses because they don't mount directly to EOS system cameras do not hold much value. If they are not Canon branded lenses, they are worth less. The AE-1 camera was a widely sold camera thus also do not hold much value.

As already mentioned, you can run a completed listings search through ebay. You can also compare to the prices that KEH.com sells at, minus a bit.

I would say probably $40.00 for everything. Unfortunately there are so many film cameras out there that they don't bring much. You can get a Nukon F5 for under $200.00. Very sad but oh so true!

I would say probably $40.00 for everything. Unfortunately there are so many film cameras out there that they don't bring much. You can get a Nukon F5 for under $200.00. Very sad but oh so true!

You're setup is worth between $100 and $200, AE1's typically sell for $50-100 with a single lens, the extra lenses add $100 or more on top of that (if they're canon brand).

Oh, and a nikon f5 goes for about $350 if it's in decent shape.

My roommate has some old Canon equipment lying around. Wondering what they're worth.

- Canon AE-1 body w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens
- Canon 90-230mm f/4.5 lens
- Canon 28mm f/2.8 lens
- Canon 135mm f/2.8 lens

They were originally sold at Sears if that means anything. He's looking to sell them, but we have no idea what they're worth. I'm all digital with modern lenses, so I'm not interested.

Thanks!
I've been buying AE1's and A1's in excellent shape lately. I'd say approx $70 - $80 for the body in excellent condtion, and $40- $50 for the f/1.8 50mm lens (maybe a few bucks more) on Ebay. The sears lenses.
If you look under user name jbuck in the for sale section, he's got a excellent AE-1 and about every lens and accessory you could imagine for $275...
Hope this helps...

J. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back