What are these spots in my pics?

djk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've noticed for awhile now in many of my pics from low-light gigs that these spots show up. One or two always in the same spot and sometimes more amount of spots than others. Can anyone tell me what it is? It's not really noticeable when the pics are uploaded, but when I'm editing them and have them blown up you can tell they're there.

I've tried to use a blower and sensor cleaning. Is it just noise from having the ISO up really high? (Ignore the dude eating a lollipop, a photobomb haha)

d99It.jpg

Last edited:
Those are sometimes referred to as hot pixels. Underexposed photos are prone to make them pop up. Hot pixels could also be bad photosites on your sensor and will appear on every exposure. Could be a warranty claim if your camera is new enough, else learn to live with it and clone them out in post processing. A lot of cameras will develop them over time.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot now

If your iso is set extremely high you will see "hot pixels.". This is normal, if u see them at low or moderate isos it's not normal.If they really bother you, your camera manufacture can map them out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back