What are you looking forward to most?

Rapala46 said:
Dad: Carhartt Insulated Jacket

Oh your dads a lucky man. One of the crackheads(no joke:er:) I work with hooked me up with one, as we work outside all winter. Good idea!:thumbup:

I'm excited for a few days off of work. I'm getting so drained, and need the time to catch up with all my friends who have come home for christmas.

I'm looking forward to be able to go shopping again without being trampled by people fighting over the last brussel sprout.
I can't understand why everyone seems to make such a big deal of it. It's a thin excuse for getting drunk and over-eating for most people. Then they justify it by saying 'it's for the children'.
Sure is.
It's for the children to learn the meaning of greed.
I'm an atheist so I just observe from the sidelines.

The kids are really spoiled as it is so they each got one nice gift (new digital cameras with cases and battery chargers). I'm looking forward to hanging with my family and having some peace and quiet. It's been WAY to busy for me lately and some down time will be soooooo nice. :sillysmi:

Corry! You rock!

Anyways, I'm looking foreward to my best friends Post-Bachelor Party :D

He got married a week ago today, but didn't have time for a bachelor party beforehand, so SpiralOut and I are giving him one after the fact...If we can steal him away from his wife :lol:

Can't wait for the food.

My Dad cooks a mean Christmas dinner. Plus, a few of my friends got me something and I'm more than curious to know what it is.

I also want to see my friends face when she opens her gifts. I have one for her to open tonight before we go to her parents place, and then one under the tree at my parents place. Last year she cried when she opened one of her gifts and has basically worn it every day since.

I got another friend a DVD player. She better be excited over that too!

The last year's it's been largely about the gifts. But with all the crap happening in the world (plus the apartments across from my school exploding and being demolished), i thought well people don't get much so i'll only ask for simple stuff. some toilettries, some film, etc. I never get to see my cousins (who only live like 2.5 hrs away :grumpy:) and my cousins locally are all coming, we always part-ay and this year i wanna have a big party. it'll be sweet!

It's strange, I haven't felt this way about Christmas ever. I forgot today was Christmas Eve, because it hasn't snowed where I live at all. The seasonal is like -15 C, but it was like +7, +8 yesterday. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all.

But in the first week of January, I get my Digital Rebel, treat myself to a new year and all my hard work! :biggrin: :biggrin: . And after recording my hours for next month, I realized by my birthday in May, I might afford a lens or two :mrgreen::mrgreen:

core_17 said:
What are you looking forward to most this holiday season? Is it a gift you are hoping to get? Food you will get to eat? People you will get to see?

For me this year, besides seeing family, I absolutely CANNOT WAIT til Christmas morning to give Erik his gift!!!! I opened a separate savings account, and I've been putting a bit in it each week for the past couple of months. On Christmas day, he'll have a few smaller gifts, but the last thing he will open is a box. Inside the box will be broschures to the National Baseball Hall of Fame, printouts on train, bus, and plane schedules/fares, and a printed out map of the route we'd be taking if we decide to drive, plus printouts to nearby hotels, and car rental places/prices. Plus I'll be putting the bank book in there so he can see how much I've saved for the trip so far. Also, we eventually want to do a tour of the baseball parks, with Yankee Stadium, Shea, and Fenway being at the top of the list...so...if he wants to do that at the same time, he can add to the savings account too (plan to do it in the summer). I absolutely CAN'T WAIT to give him this gift!!!!

So now...what are you looking forward to?

Any chance you guys will stop in Phoenix to see the Diamondbacks Stadium (called now Chase Ball Park)? We'd love to see you guys (that'd be I and Voodoo).

Matty-Bass said:
It's strange, I haven't felt this way about Christmas ever. I forgot today was Christmas Eve, because it hasn't snowed where I live at all. The seasonal is like -15 C, but it was like +7, +8 yesterday. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all.

I don't feel Christmas too... this year only... actually... christmas in Poland has almost ended... we celebrate Christams Eve mostly... and it is 8 pm by now so... christmass passed, I have a new tripod... and a bit of cash... so I'll be able to buy my dslr till... summer :) I hope so :)

Mitica100 said:
Any chance you guys will stop in Phoenix to see the Diamondbacks Stadium (called now Chase Ball Park)? We'd love to see you guys (that'd be I and Voodoo).

If we do, you'll be the first to know! :) :D

We're spending the holidays away from home...I've been posting from Houston the last couple of days. I am really homesick and missing Odin and Jinx. I know they are cared for, but I just want to be back with them.

That said, the family time has been nice. My in-laws are enjoying their new house here, and we've been helping them hang some pictures, mirrors, and some other heavy stuff. Brad's sister and her family also live here, and we'll have a big Christmas dinner tonight.

It's all very pleasant, but I am most looking forward to getting home, and having a couple more days off just being back at home and able to do my own thing. :)

i can't wait until...

A) tonight, everybody on my dad's side of the family (my dad's family, his brother's family, and their mom) gather at my grandmother's house every year for christmas eve and at some point play games, this year we're going to play Cranium, which i've gotten a hankering for recently

B) my sister opening her presents, she asked for a popcorn maker and "some" popcorn kernels, i went all out

I am a tad bit late, seeing as it will be Christmas in 2 hrs, and one of the things I have been looking forward to is currently happening.

I drove to St. Johns AZ to see my dad and stepmom for Christmas (about a 7 hr drive) so that my dad would get to have his 1st Christmas with his Granddaughters (as an only child my two are his only grandkids) they are 6 and 4.

2nd thing I am looking forward too is the end of mandantory OT at work! The 65-70 hr weeks are getting EXTREMEly old! (I work in a retail warehouse... walmart..... we have been on mandantory ot for somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 months!)

YAY!!! How was his reaction Core? Big, fast, excited, details!!! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back