What are your 2017 Photography Resolutions?

Still 36.3 Megapixels.

plans: shoot more and work on my retouching clientelle
expand client base and work more on my marketing
maybe resurrect my blog

I want to frame/crop 100% in-camera. I want to get to the skill/proficiency level of composing in the camera so that if the horizon is tilted or the framing isn't correct, then I will consider the image flawed and it gets dumped.
THAT is ambitious!
not to mention foolish.
you'll be tossing out a lot of really good shots and missing many good things that way

I want to frame/crop 100% in-camera. I want to get to the skill/proficiency level of composing in the camera so that if the horizon is tilted or the framing isn't correct, then I will consider the image flawed and it gets dumped.
THAT is ambitious!
I used to shoot that way. Think more, shoot with more intent.

THAT is ambitious!
not to mention foolish.
you'll be tossing out a lot of really good shots and missing many good things that way
Not foolish at all.

Take more photos of nude women and less of burly construction guys.

THAT is ambitious!

That is Gary who wants to be as good again as his younger self....

I want to buy a nice custom background and shoot real people on the street using this background in the city center of Bonn. Only pay is they sign before the shoot that I might use any shot I take there any time at my sole disgression. In exchange I print and sign for them the shot I like most for free and they might buy more later.

THAT is ambitious!
not to mention foolish.
I don't see it as foolish at all. I see it as an excellent exercise in 'getting it right in-camera'. I'm sure if Gary realize's he's just captured the next Pulitzer image, he's not likely to bin it because the horizon's a tad out of level, but it will definitely improve one's skill set.

My resolution is NOT to make resolutions. So far, it's going swimmingly!

So at some point during the year you could break your resolution. If this happens to you, does that mean you could start spontaneously resoluting at some point during the year

THAT is ambitious!
not to mention foolish.
I don't see it as foolish at all. I see it as an excellent exercise in 'getting it right in-camera'. I'm sure if Gary realize's he's just captured the next Pulitzer image, he's not likely to bin it because the horizon's a tad out of level, but it will definitely improve one's skill set.

Perfect is the enemy of good.
I fear seeing a bunch of well composed but dreadfully boring images. I prefer the perfect moment or expression than formulaic shots.

So at some point during the year you could break your resolution. If this happens to you, does that mean you could start spontaneously resoluting at some point during the year

Ok, but if he starts spontaneously resoluting somebody is going to be handing out towels, right?

THAT is ambitious!
not to mention foolish.

Perfect is the enemy of good.
I fear seeing a bunch of well composed but dreadfully boring images. I prefer the perfect moment or expression than formulaic shots.
My editors never thought my stuff was boring. (Well maybe, but not to the the point of getting fired.) I also prefer the perfect moment or expression to formulaic shots. Getting the perfect expression and a straight horizon takes more skill than just a perfect expression alone. And that is my aim.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back