What are your 2017 Photography Resolutions?

Your images are awesome, all someone has to do is click on that little link....

To hell with flash. It's useless to me. I have no interest in learning to use it at this point.

Goals for 2017? Finish developing the film from goddamn July, for one :boggled: And try to avoid any further backlogs. Finally break out and learn how to use the Baby Graphic. Attempt a project with emulsion lifts that I've had in my mind for at least a year already.

No need for "resolutions" ... New Years Day is just another day. I breath, I eat, I continue to do both (and get rid of both) ... and I continue to take pictures and live.

For 2017 - get much better at portrait photography. Maybe also get spending again, I slowed in 2016 and the wallet is now too fat. Will have to pick up the pace here. :02.47-tranquillity:

Glad to see I am not the only one to need help with a flash! I want to build a lightbox and experiment with that. A good rooster pheasant shot eluded me this year, so that is on my to-do list!

I want to grow from being a Hobby Photographer to a Professional Photographer.
I have a long ways to go but there's a lot of time in one year to meet this goal!

Well 3 things mainly.
Learn how to use my 150-600 properly
Improve my B & W processing skills
And like a few on here, improve my flash photography.

Last edited:
That said, I have a wish to get a job, in 2017, that actually pays money.

I could do with one of those too!

As for me
1) Shoot a LOT more! 2016 was a very slow year and whilst I've a few days where I shot lots there's lots I didn't shoot - heck I've hardly done any macro recently!

2) Get the film camera out - actually USE it - to take actual PHOTOS

1) Take photos

2) I'd love to try my hand at shooting portraits this year

3) Get an Fuji Instax camera and take photos for fun

Mine is to do more dishes, laundry, and general sucking up to the wife so she will buy me a Fujifilm X-100T. I started today by empting the dishwasher and filling it without being told. I'm going to detail the inside of her car (major bonus points) tomorrow since it's going to rain all day. I think I can pull it off in two months...

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Mine is to do more dishes, laundry, and general sucking up to the wife so she will buy me a Fujifilm X-100T. I started today by empting the dishwasher and filling it without being told. I'm going to detail the inside of her car (major bonus points) tomorrow since it's going to rain all day. I think I can pull it off in two months...

Sent from my XT1254 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Good luck! You gotta do those unexpected things she doesn't expect and you'll have that X100T soon enough!

Spend some more time looking for predators to photograph. I have license and a key to a locked gate to enter water Co supply land with lots of forest to set up a blind for some Coyotes,Black Bears,Possiably some Bob cats. No Dogs Allowed and hardly anyone enters during the winter season so It will be quiet.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back