What are your 2017 Photography Resolutions?

My photography goals for 2017...

Learn to use flash to get more predictable results. As it stands now, I use more of a trial and error process (on those rare occasions when I even use flash at all).

Participate in more photo meet-ups with my local group and with my hobbyist friends.

Print more! I'm finally going to print and hang some of my favorites.

Participate in my towns annual art walk.

My 2016 resolution was to post more photos for critique and I've tried to post at least a few each month. It really helped me, I think, in making progress with both technical skills and developing my own eye. It also got me out there shooting much more frequently than in the past.
My main goal is to shoot more film. My camera is a Mamiya RB67 and I love it

Learn to use flash to get more predictable results. As it stands now, I use more of a trial and error process (on those rare occasions when I even use flash at all).

Participate in more photo meet-ups with my local group and with my hobbyist friends.

My 2016 resolution was to post more photos for critique and I've tried to post at least a few each month. It really helped me, I think, in making progress with both technical skills and developing my own eye. It also got me out there shooting much more frequently than in the past.

Quoting myself because we are 4 months into 2017 and I've done nothing, nada, zilch towards any of these goals. I barely touched my camera from the end of the holiday season until last week on vacation. But spring is here and I am going to get moving!!!!!
My goal was to not make goals so that I would not be disappointed when I didn't make my goals. So far I have managed to stay on track and meet my goal of not making goals.

My goal was to not make goals so that I would not be disappointed when I didn't make my goals. So far I have managed to stay on track and meet my goal of not making goals.

By making it your goal not to make goals you have in fact failed the goal that you were not supposed to make in the first place. Thus you're failing terribly! Indeed if you succeed at achieving making your goal you are, in fact, failing even harder than everyone else!

By making it your goal not to make goals you have in fact failed the goal that you were not supposed to make in the first place. Thus you're failing terribly! Indeed if you succeed at achieving making your goal you are, in fact, failing even harder than everyone else!
Ah, one would think that HOWEVER, my goal to not make any goals in 2017 was made on December 31st 2016, thereby making it a 2016 goal which I am dutifully keeping by not making any 2017 goals. I am in fact being an over achiever by honoring that 2016 goal in 2017. It also means that I will not be bothered with the thought of any goals until 2018 relieving me of the terrible guilt some unnamed individuals must assuredly be feeling for not fulfilling any of her, um I mean, that persons 2017 goals 1/3rd of the way through 2017.

My resolution is to try not to buy a lens a week.. and I did surpass that last year... cough..

My photography goals this year are to one learn how to use external flash, learn to use lightroom better, make more prints and put myself out tehre for more feedback on my work!

To move 1 level up in my Photography work as well as skills..

That's the only resolution that i took on 01st January 2017 00:00 :)

Most reactions

Back