What are your goals?

Ilovemycam

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are your short and long tem goals with your desire to freeze time?

It's simple really. Photo who or what I want, when I want and making billions of dollars for allowing said persons caught to have the rights to use such compromising electronic recording of them being frozen in time.

How's that for a business plan??

My short-term goals as regards my desire to freeze time would simply be to somehow make tonight last about 20 hours, so I could catch on some much-needed sleep. :lmao:

Long-term?
Well, there's "goals" and then there's "dreams." My "dreams" long-term would include having a gallery showing or two or six of my work, becoming a well-known (or at least moderately successful) wildlife, macro and abstract photographer; and being able to retire and move somewhere tropical.

My goals? Pretty much just to get one more "like" than I already have. :lmao:

Seriously, I've got a couple of photo book ideas I'd love to pursue, and I'd love to just start selling enough to justify ever buying another lens or piece of camera equipment.
My other goals for this year: #1: Learn Portrait Photography--no desire to do it professionally, just want to be comfortable doing it when asked.
#2: Get decent photos of 100 different birds in this calendar year. I'm up over 70 now, I think, with the recent vacation pictures, but many of those could also be improved on so there is still much work to do.

Last edited:
My short-term goals as regards my desire to freeze time would simply be to somehow make tonight last about 20 hours, so I could catch on some much-needed sleep. :lmao:
But if you freeze time, then your brain chemistry freezes too, so you wouldn't be any more rested.

In fact, maybe time DID freeze last night, and you had no way of knowing, because your perceptions froze too. It could be freezing for years at a time in between you reading the words of this sentence.

But if you freeze time, then your brain chemistry freezes too, so you wouldn't be any more rested.

In fact, maybe time DID freeze last night, and you had no way of knowing, because your perceptions froze too. It could be freezing for years at a time in between you reading the words of this sentence.

Shhhh...do NOT confuse me with the facts. :lmao:

Learning.. which is something I'll always be doing no matter how good I get at any given thing.. beyond that I have no goals.

It's a meat grinder.. sometimes bad, sometimes not. I live here and now with no expectations of later and no regrets about the past.

Tomorrow will bring surprises, or someone will bury me. Now is all I really think about. :)

If any of you are confused...freezing time = doing photography.

With me I'd like to learn more advanced PP.

I'd like to print just slightly better BW digital. I'm about 90% to 95% happy with my digital BW.

I'd like to shoot more, lots more.

Do a little more traveling to shoot.

I'd like to sell my unneeded gear.

I'd like to do more night street shooting.

I'd like to get more of my work placed at institutions. (About 95% or more is rejection letters or no letters at all.)

I'd like to upload a couple of photos a day to Wiki commons. (Lesser works which I don't mind giving the copyright away.)

I am also thinking about going back to film for Widelux street shooting. But I hate the wet end and having to scan film. I just like 'the look' and the Widelux view. If they made a digital Widelux I'd use it.

I'd like to read more of my photo books. I have a few hundred. I flip through some now and then. Would enjoy spending some time on them to study in detail.

I'd like to start carrying a cam with me at least some of the time.

Last edited:

Yea.. to enjoy myself.. doing photography... for ME, and not for anyone else! ;) I don't need more gear (but you never know)!

Maybe pick up some more specialized gear for underwater photography... but not really a goal... just a maybe...

(yep.. I like short lists!)

Yea.. to enjoy myself.. doing photography... for ME, and not for anyone else! ;) I don't need more gear (but you never know)!

Maybe pick up some more specialized gear for underwater photography... but not really a goal... just a maybe...

Short lists? Alright, I'll shorten mine: My *real* goal is just to retire and move somewhere tropical. The rest is just stuff to do in the meantime... :lmao:

Oh, except the part about more "likes." That's my actual *Achievable* Goal. :biglaugh:

I don't have a goal to build a photography business - I've been through the startup/build a business thing and I'm too tired to do it again. I just want to learn as much as I can and shoot as much as I can and have fun doing it. The minute it isn't fun anymore then I am finished. I'm 52 and life is too short!

When I'm too old to drag my gear around I'm building an HO model train layout. There, I said it.

Short lists? Alright, I'll shorten mine: My *real* goal is just to retire and move somewhere tropical. The rest is just stuff to do in the meantime... :lmao:

Oh, except the part about more "likes." That's my actual *Achievable* Goal. :biglaugh:

There... a LIKE just for you! :)

To enjoy myself...
This ...

In the realm of photography all I care about is shooting what I want, where I want, when I want. I have no urge to shoot professionally, I have no urge to sell photos, I do not want photography to turn into a business in any way, form or fashion because when it does the fun will go away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back