What are your most popular print packages?

I also don't use packages. I use step-discounting when they build their own package from my a la carte prices. This means the bigger their order total, the larger the discount - which is basically what a package does anyway. Here's what I use: For general portrait orders, anything over $250 gets a 5% discount. Over $395 gets 10%. Over $695 gets 15%. Over $995 gets 20% off. On top of that, I also discount wallet prints when they order more than 5 sets at once (any combination of poses). This is a big plus for seniors since they'll order tons of wallets. Overall this works nicely for me and I've gotten lots of thanks from clients for not pre-selecting packages for them.

Very good

I was just trying to develop some print packages and ran across this thread. Very nice idea with the discount stepping! Not only does it cater to the client betterm but it also saves me a ton of time trying to figure out what prints go into what packages. Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Not that I have experience with selling photography, but I do have experience with selling in general.

The above posters are correct where most of the time people want something custom. But the initial shock of not having any idea of what to get can be scary. I suggest you offer a couple packages just to give examples of what they could bundle together but heavily promote the "custom bundle" where it's the al a cart system you normally do.

People just want a place to start then modify from there. Otherwise it can be scary.

Maybe even just examples of what other customers have purchased can be helpful to start them off.

Proofing in person, instead of post galleries online, is worth as much as a 4x or more increase in your average sale because you are right there and can see how much emotional involvement the client has with a particular image allowing you to up-sell based on that emotion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back