What are your Photographic Objectives for 2012?

GeorgieGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am hell-bent on getting a halfway decent water landscape using a 10 stop ND Filter. I tried this past summer but failed alltogether. I did learn some things in those efforts that I now know to correct and do differently to get a crisper shot, and I am ready to try again....Hopefully in February and March to get me going again, with the whole summer to get it perfected.

What about you...what do you want to improve on or accomplish during this New Year?

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sell or throw away (most of them are not in salable condition) all of my digital cameras. Get an enlarger, and get at least half-way decent with it. And if I can find room in the budget for it, I'd really like a 4x5 camera.

I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem pulling that off. 4x5 is really the only wildcard. That might not happen.

Oh, and I'd also like to get more (and better) lights.

edit
And probably the hardest goal I have will be getting a shot that is worthy of printing in a ridiculously huge size.

Last edited:

Aloicious

Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need to upgrade my body for something faster that can handle more indoor/existing light situations and maintain good SNR for my automotive photojournalism side business...it'll most likely be the new D4 if it ever gets released or perhaps a D3s depending on prices and such. I also need some faster (and FX) glass...probably 24-70 2.8 to start with (though I wish there was a comparable lens that would go a bit longer, I hate changing lenses all the time, oh well), and later a 70-200 2.8....

I've also been eyeing a 150-500 for some wildlife fun...but I likely won't be able to afford that for quite some time...

Bitter Jeweler

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
My goal for 2012 is to take pictures. Simple, and easily attainable.

tyler_h

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
Get out to shoot more.

50-60 hour weeks makes it hard, but the moment I have holidays... been out 3 of the 5 days I've had off so far. It's great when one has the time.

cepwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Learn as much as I can, find some good places near me to shoot and come up with creative things to do picture wise with stuff in my house..

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
My 2012 photographic goal is to get a lot more into portraiture. So, basically - shoot more people in the face. :thumbup::mrgreen:

JH100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Join a photography club so I can get face-to-face help and critiques and save up for a Nikon D90 + equipment. I'm shooting with an old family film SLR right now.

EIngerson

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sharpen my knowledge of metering. By "knowledge" I mean application not definition.

nickzou

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
-Complete tentative studio lighting equipment
-Shadow a pro photographer/find an assistant position
-Photo a day challenge

Most reactions

New Topics