What are your Photographic Objectives for 2012?

I feel that my photography business is about to take off. 2012 I want to take it as high as possible. We are also in a process of buying a house where I will have my own studio space/wedding consultation space. So I am ready to pick your brains on studio photography because I suck at it.

Looking forward to a holiday in Feb - during which time (or before) I will buy a few better lenses and a flash or two. After than I'll simply be trying to enjoy my photography more, learn, take better shots, and not worry about gear for a while.

For 2012, I am going to start planning out shoots before hand. Lighting, posing and composition wise.

Maybe do some sketching.

I Really want to truly start learning about photographic lighting.

I am going move away from creating decent snapshots and move forward into having a vision of a final image I want to create and prepare for it pre-shutter release.

I think 2012 is the year for me to pick up a photography/art related book and start reading.

Not be shown on the news again when I am on a FD scene (that way I don't have to buy [cake, or ice cream, or etc.] for the shift working the call or for the dept as a whole)

1st complete the "Studio Lighting Advanced" college course, business course, and finish the certification program
2nd is practice practice more in and out of the studio, and shoot more women in 2012 than I was fortunate to do in 2011.
3rd is get the business license and insurance in order, photo business will still be a side hobby
4th is either code a web page if I have time, or have it done.
5th is not buy so much photo equipment!!!
6th is continue to HAVE FUN while not allowing this hobby to interfere with my career that pays the bills and photo toy tab =)
7th is more race track days on a superfast motorcycle, photography has been in the way!

In 2012, I want to learn how to use the only camera I still own, an 8.2 MP Kodak EasyShare C813. ;)

Last edited:
in 2012, i want buy tele lens AF-S 55-300 vr and fix lens AF-S 35mm for my old D3000 :D

edit
And probably the hardest goal I have will be getting a shot that is worthy of printing in a ridiculously huge size.
I guess this is my real goal, since all of the other goals I stated only take money to achieve.

I want to cut back again on events other than sports.
Start with some GOOD macro stuff-you guys got me.
Master Volleyball-it kicked my ass this year. Or at least do a respectable job with it.
Shoot at several abandoned places on my bucket list.
Get rid of a few cameras.
Learn something new.

Relinquish my "newbie" status by taking lots pictures and reading lots about photography.

1. Join NAPP
2. Buy more lenses...that is to say, any lenses other than the kit lens. ;)
3. Experiment more with portrait photography and lighting to improve my skills.
4. Finally move from serious hobbyist into the category of Master Photographer and sell a piece for 2.1 million US dollars. :lmao:
Okay, so maybe scratch that last one and replace it with Bitter's goal...just take more pictures. :lol:

1. Join NAPP
2. Buy more lenses...that is to say, any lenses other than the kit lens. ;)
3. Experiment more with portrait photography and lighting to improve my skills.
4. Finally move from serious hobbyist into the category of Master Photographer and sell a piece for 2.1 million US dollars. :lmao:
Okay, so maybe scratch that last one and replace it with Bitter's goal...just take more pictures. :lol:

NAPP is awesome. There is a promo code floating around for a free extra 3 months, I can't remember the code but if you google search my friend Dave Cross's web page and blog you'll find it

Expand my knowledge in Photography as far as possible and possibly through 2013 too.
Probably earn enough money to make myself a studio in a garage if we move houses (that would be brill) and earn a bit money.

OH and produce some great Conceptual pieces.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back