What are your Photographic Objectives for 2012?

GeorgieGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am hell-bent on getting a halfway decent water landscape using a 10 stop ND Filter. I tried this past summer but failed alltogether. I did learn some things in those efforts that I now know to correct and do differently to get a crisper shot, and I am ready to try again....Hopefully in February and March to get me going again, with the whole summer to get it perfected.

What about you...what do you want to improve on or accomplish during this New Year?

Sell or throw away (most of them are not in salable condition) all of my digital cameras. Get an enlarger, and get at least half-way decent with it. And if I can find room in the budget for it, I'd really like a 4x5 camera.

I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem pulling that off. 4x5 is really the only wildcard. That might not happen.

Oh, and I'd also like to get more (and better) lights.

edit
And probably the hardest goal I have will be getting a shot that is worthy of printing in a ridiculously huge size.

Last edited:
I need to upgrade my body for something faster that can handle more indoor/existing light situations and maintain good SNR for my automotive photojournalism side business...it'll most likely be the new D4 if it ever gets released or perhaps a D3s depending on prices and such. I also need some faster (and FX) glass...probably 24-70 2.8 to start with (though I wish there was a comparable lens that would go a bit longer, I hate changing lenses all the time, oh well), and later a 70-200 2.8....

I've also been eyeing a 150-500 for some wildlife fun...but I likely won't be able to afford that for quite some time...

My goal for 2012 is to take pictures. Simple, and easily attainable.

Get out to shoot more.

50-60 hour weeks makes it hard, but the moment I have holidays... been out 3 of the 5 days I've had off so far. It's great when one has the time.

Learn as much as I can, find some good places near me to shoot and come up with creative things to do picture wise with stuff in my house..

My 2012 photographic goal is to get a lot more into portraiture. So, basically - shoot more people in the face. :thumbup::mrgreen:

Join a photography club so I can get face-to-face help and critiques and save up for a Nikon D90 + equipment. I'm shooting with an old family film SLR right now.

Sharpen my knowledge of metering. By "knowledge" I mean application not definition.

-Complete tentative studio lighting equipment
-Shadow a pro photographer/find an assistant position
-Photo a day challenge

Most reactions

Back