what are your tips & pointers?

untouchednalive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Newbie here, and recently got my 1st Nikon D5000 with kit lens. As a Chattanooga State Student I am low on funds to upgrade any time soon. I live in a wonderful scenic area in the state of Tennessee. I live in a valley surrounded by beautiful mountains. I'm less then an hour from the Chattanooga city limits. I go over the mountains every day and get to see the amazing bluff views. I am lucky enough to go riding all the time in the woods in different areas. I also take my kids on hikes and check out the local or near by caves and waterfalls every so often. We also hang and camp out with friends by the Tennessee River every couple weeks in tents or toasty cabin depending on the weather and time of year. I love nature shots and admire those amazing breathe taking landscape & cityscape shots, but most shots I have ever taken seem flat and so last second thrown together.

My questions are - how would you take advantage of all the photographic, well, advantages? And are there any other tips and pointers you could share to get the best shots possible?

Three tips.

1. Take
2. Your
3. Time

Learn photography. That is, seriously, the only tip there is.

And you can learn it. Not just by taking your time; some people take their entire lives studying something and never learn :(

But if you take your time and are serious about enjoying the greatness of photography, you wil learn.

Just enjoy yourself. But do it seriously.

Most reactions

Back