What bag for Elan 7n?

Zeabned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I happen to be in the wrong forum by error, please go ahead and move this. I'm looking for a bag in which to carry my Elan 7n. Sometimes I have the BP 300 installed in it, which makes it really bulky. So I'm not looking for a medium hard case, just a carry bag that will offer inner protection and carry convenience. The problem is, all the bags that I could find online (i.e. at Amazon and the rest of the usual suspects) seem to be advertised or designed for digital cameras or camcorders, not for medium to large sized film SLRs. Any suggestions where to look? Oh, by the way I also have a hood for the lens. I know this complicates things, but I'm just looking for a suggestion from someone with the same type of camera.

Lowepro makes good bags. I have a Lowepro Nova 3 AW, and with some clever rearrangement of the insides I can fit all my photo gear in it (elan 7n with bp300, tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4, 50mm f1.8 mkII, lensbaby 2.0, and a canon speedlite 430EX). I don't know how long your lens is, but unless it's a long telephoto everything should fit fine. And most lens hoods can be put on backwards so that you can store them without them taking up room, so that shouldn't be a problem. I recommend this bag, or a similar model.

edit: here's a link, if you're interested http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shoulder_Bags/classic/Nova_3_AW.aspx

Unimaxium said:
I don't know how long your lens is, but unless it's a long telephoto everything should fit fine. And most lens hoods can be put on backwards so that you can store them without them taking up room, so that shouldn't be a problem. I recommend this bag, or a similar model.

edit: here's a link, if you're interested http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shoulder_Bags/classic/Nova_3_AW.aspx

I should have mentioned my lenses. Currently, I'm using a Canon 85 mm 2.8 on my Elan 7n. Sometimes I use the 28-105mm 3.5. So there should be no problem. I like Lowepro too, I keep my DRebel in an EX 160. I'll just go to Lowepro directly to find this model. Thanks for the link, Uni.

I use the Nova 4AW for my 7e w/grip, 20D, 580 flash, 50mm, 12-24mm, 100mm macro, 70-210mm plus CF cards three batteries, filters and still have room.

I like the bag so much that I bought a 2nd one for my Nikon stuff.

I went to Amazon and chose the Nova 4AW for my 7n, since I'll be carrying it a lot with the 300 BP and other appliances. It seems to be the best bet for me. I'm currently carrying it in a Samsonite 3.2 WorldProof, but I prefer the padding and layout offered by Lowepro. Thanks both of you for your on-target suggestions.

Most reactions

Back