what body should i get next?

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
its gonna be a while before i can afford another camera body without having to sell my current one.

i love my D3000 but im ready for the next step up, something faster, with less shutter lag, a better censor and maybe more megapixels than the 10.2 that this has.

i was looking at the D3100 and D3200 and theyre nice and im ready to get out of the entry level phase of D-SLR cameras

If your are ready to get out of entry level "phase" the d3100 and d3200 are both entry level. You have many options depending on what type of shooting you do. The first option is just wait and see what Nikon releases over the next 6 months. What exactly can't your d3000 do right now that is making you miss shots?

Im actually a bit thrown off, what do you mean by shutter lag? And is there a reason to need a higher megapixel camera? I will give you all the advice I can give, but im not sure why exactly you need to upgrade besides the fact you don't want an entry level body anymore.

"The next step up" would be getting a body with a top LCD and proper dials. Since you are clearly budget oriented, the D90 would be a good and worthwhile step-up. A step-up doesn't always mean the newest.

right now im ranging on different styles of photography from still life to action to portraits, so theres a lot of different lenses i need to consider as well

its gonna be a while before i can afford another camera body without having to sell my current one.

i love my D3000 but im ready for the next step up, something faster, with less shutter lag, a better censor and maybe more megapixels than the 10.2 that this has. [...]
I would get rid of the censor, instead of getting a better one. :meh:

Do you need a function that the D3000 doesn't have? Why not concentrate on one of the lenses you're considering, first.

You're only talking a moderate increase in image size, I'd be inclined to agree with snowbear and look at lenses - you'll get more for your cash in terms of versatility and image quality with a well chosen lens to complement the ones you have.

Most reactions

Back